Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » By the time I read your answer to this, is it fair to assume you’ve already read all twenty words in the question? ~

By the time I read your answer to this, is it fair to assume you’ve already read all twenty words in the question? ~

(Please don’t stop to count them; that would be rude and insulting.)

Posted - March 3, 2020

Responses

I'm sorry, but when I got to the word "read" I quickly lost interest (sounds like work) and stopped reading (oh look, it's break time).  
      March 3, 2020 9:07 AM MST

Lets see....I hear you saying that by the time you "hear" my answer it will be before I have read your question? Hummmm.  (Good thinking hotshot which is the same as big shot only really good looking and much nicer.)  You don't want me to count your words because you didn't and you might be wrong?  Guess what, you are.  
      March 3, 2020 11:05 AM MST

How can you be so sure the count is wrong?

~
      March 3, 2020 8:08 PM MST

• I just look for key words like tilde or sandwich and then do what i always do...move on or post a twink.  LOL!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 3, 2020 11:10 AM MST
      March 3, 2020 11:06 AM MST

If it's me reading your question,
    there's a 99% chance that I've read every word and considered the syntax and nuances before answering.

However, sometimes I miss the silliest and most obvious things in a question.
    Element is the best at catching me out and I'm wise to him now.

I've discovered, via writers' groups, that very few people read deeply.
    It's a skill which requires full attention to detail, good working memory,
    and a willingness to assume that the subtext says more than appears on the surface.
      March 3, 2020 1:04 PM MST

Sorry, but I had already counted them before I saw your comment that to do so would be "rude & insulting."---But if I've read them all, then I have also read all 20 words since 20 words are included in the amount of words that are indeed in your question.
      March 3, 2020 1:43 PM MST

Call me rude....but there are 23 words in your question. 

Yes, did read them all. 
      March 3, 2020 2:15 PM MST

I'm with Tom. It's okay, Grammar majors don't need to be good at math.

YOUR questions, I read carefully.
      March 3, 2020 8:19 PM MST