Active Now

Malizz
WelbyQuentin
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Do you have a deviated septum? I do. Does any part of your body deviate from the norm? Boy, that's a loaded question.

Do you have a deviated septum? I do. Does any part of your body deviate from the norm? Boy, that's a loaded question.

Posted - March 3, 2020

Responses

Twinkle! How bad is it? Did you need an operation so you could breathe more easily?

My deviations are mild and trivial:
    right big toe ½" shorter than left,
    left side of rib cage ½" more prominant than right,
    right ear positioned ½" higher than left,
    left cheekbone slightly more prominent than right.
    The differences are easily measurable and yet
    no one but me has ever noticed -
    not even art students drawing me back when I modelled for spare cash.

I do have an unusually small chin -
    small enough to ruin any chance of ever having been considered a beauty.

Depends what one regards as deviant.
    I don't consider differences in sexual orientation or in genetically endowed gender as deviant: they remain a statistical norm with a fairly constant rate across all nations and cultures.
    Character deviations are a different matter.
    I've always been prone to depression; have learned to fight the darkness to prevent it catching hold and pulling me down. Don't always succeed but am far better at it than back in my prime.

March 3, 2020 12:54 PM MST

You are gorgeous. Wow.
      March 3, 2020 5:33 PM MST

Seriously?
    Well, I'm mighty glad someone thinks so.
    Thank you very much, Element. :)
      March 4, 2020 1:58 PM MST

Seriously?
    Well, I'm mighty glad someone thinks so.
    Thank you very much, Element. :)
      March 4, 2020 1:59 PM MST

• No, but I do have a dangling participle. xD
      March 3, 2020 1:00 PM MST

Once I realized I had a deviated nasal septum I had a surgical sub-mucous resection to correct it when I was in my early 20ties.

Generally, I prefer to be above the 90th percentile in non-deviation categories.  (lol)
      March 3, 2020 1:34 PM MST

• My body is pretty normal. I've never even had surgery; all the original parts are there. Doesn't mean there aren't the occasional problems, but nothing that makes me thinking anything is abnormal or out of whack. 
      March 3, 2020 1:45 PM MST

My right foot is half a size bigger than my left. I have a droopy left eye caused by three injuries.
      March 3, 2020 5:35 PM MST

That's nothing...I had large lumps form from out of nowhere....and I've had to live with that disfigurement all my adult life...my doctor said he can't help me unless I let him look at them ,purely two assess them....I ain't that silly to fall for that ole turkey...:( 
      March 3, 2020 6:21 PM MST

Lucky to suffer nothing serious.
    I bet it gives your face character,
    and a humorous wink when you're joking.
      March 4, 2020 2:01 PM MST