Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » If you get gum stuck in your hair, you can use peanut butter to help get it out. What do you do if you get Vegemite stuck in your hair?

If you get gum stuck in your hair, you can use peanut butter to help get it out. What do you do if you get Vegemite stuck in your hair?

(Other than suicide, which is, of course, the obvious answer. Duh.)
~

Posted - March 7, 2020

Responses

Shave your head.  
      March 7, 2020 3:55 PM MST

Put your head in a bucket of water and keep it under water until the Vegemite dissolves. What's that in your hair, Randy? Looks like Vegemite...
      March 7, 2020 3:56 PM MST

What, I have Vegemite stuck in my hair?  Quick, get me a bucket and fill it with water!  I have to soak my head immediately, right away, ASAP, stat!  Hey, wait a second . . . there’s no Vegemite in my hair, this is some twisted and cruel trick. I think you’re just trying to get rid of me. Grrrrrrr. 

March 7, 2020 4:19 PM MST

Shave all your hair off and spray your head with fabreeze, a lot of it. 
      March 7, 2020 4:37 PM MST

That is not something I would even have to consider because I can't possibly imagine any scenario where I would be close enough to Vegemite to get it in my hair (or anywhere else, for that matter).
      March 7, 2020 9:27 PM MST

1. Find an Ozzie.
    2. Give him/her ten bucks and a six-pack to suck it out of your hair.
      March 8, 2020 8:41 AM MDT

(Ozzie Aussie)
      March 8, 2020 11:19 AM MDT

Slarti will correct you on that.
      March 8, 2020 11:22 AM MDT

He may offer a variation on the theme, and I’m not saying that either you or he would be incorrect, it’s just that Ozzie usually refers to one of the many diminutives of the names Oswald or Osvaldo, and Aussie usually refers to one of the diminutive ways to identity anyone or anything Australian. The fact that some people may choose to use them interchangeably does not denote that I was incorrect in using Aussie in my post. 

~
      March 8, 2020 10:15 PM MDT

Either is acceptable, although calling us "Ozzies" tends to give the misapprehension that we're Munchkins. Australia may well be "over the rainbow" from your point of view, but we're not ruled by a Wizard.

Leave the Vegemite where it is, is the only surefire way to ward off a drop bear attack.
      March 8, 2020 11:43 PM MDT

A correction, mon ami (Matey); I do not know from whence you acquired the assumption that I have ever had a pejorative point of view that Australia is somehow over some rainbow. Please take note that I have written above in quite complimentary fashion and defensive terms of not only your country but also of its people. Let not my previous scrawlings against the ills of Vegemite stain my respect for the land and the gentry, that anti-Vegemite stance is merely one-sided, admittedly opinionated bellyaching about a foodstuff that I personally find appalling and atrocious, it is not an overall indictment against The Land Down Under and her subjects.  I would instead direct your attention to our learned colleague, one Professor Element 99, the true author of the quotation or quip about Ozzie being the appropriate moniker for your demographic.  Please let credit rest in its proper cradle. Thank you, and g’day. 

Your esteemed brother from and an American mother,
    Randall D, Esq.

~

This post was edited by Randy D at March 9, 2020 4:30 PM MDT
      March 9, 2020 12:08 AM MDT

OOooh, Rand made a typo!
      March 9, 2020 4:46 AM MDT

Grrrrrrrrr

March 9, 2020 5:32 AM MDT

March 9, 2020 4:31 PM MDT