Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Why Are the Media Ignoring Details of the Charlotte Shooting?

Why Are the Media Ignoring Details of the Charlotte Shooting?

Uh oh!  Looks like lefties got caught with their knickers down again. :-)

Bias Alert: Media Rushes to Bury Key Fact in Charlotte Riots: Officer in Shooting Is Black

Posted - September 23, 2016

Responses

I doubt any stats have ever been collected on it as females make up such a small percentage of both officers and offenders, and the results are rarely deadly.  Personal experience dealing with jail and prison guards has proven the point to my satisfaction, though.  Ex did a post recently asking if people taint those who support prisoner's rights with the criminality of the prisoners...the guards absolutely do.  

Oddly enough, I got to witness a deputy that works in the county jail experience it as a visitor in a state prison after she fell for one of the inmates that ended up serving state time.   

September 24, 2016 5:58 PM MDT

Mmhmmm.
      September 24, 2016 10:12 PM MDT

• "Playthings" wtf???

September 24, 2016 10:41 PM MDT

•   September 24, 2016 10:41 PM MDT

• Hahahahaha!!

September 24, 2016 10:44 PM MDT

Someone think they are clever, although all they do is exposing themselves.

Like in this incident, it sometimes happens that an OP doesn't respond to the main comments but tries to distract the attention. Here it's about about my personal perception of their use of a smiley. Well, the OP will have their reasons not discussing the other points... Smh.
      September 24, 2016 10:57 PM MDT

:-)
      September 24, 2016 10:58 PM MDT

Oh, my!  Did you invite a friend over to play, dear?  Did you need some help to protect you from mean old me?

How quaint.  :-)

September 24, 2016 11:34 PM MDT

Plaything

n.

A thing with which to play.

You let me know if you require further elaboration, OK?  :-)

September 24, 2016 11:41 PM MDT

You think racism is funny!?

Sad.

September 24, 2016 11:41 PM MDT

• Nope, I found your tasteless post all by my little old self.

September 25, 2016 12:57 AM MDT

• That was a rhetorical question, made with a sneer on my face.  You just wish you had a "plaything".

September 25, 2016 12:59 AM MDT

• Why yes I've seen this tactic by the OP several times...

September 25, 2016 1:01 AM MDT

• Nope, but I think someone telling you off is!

September 25, 2016 1:02 AM MDT

Who told me off, dear?  Do you have a mind of your own, or simply echo your partner?

No, really, I think it's adorable how certain members of this site come together to tag team somebody they don't like.  It all reminds me so much of high school. :-)

September 25, 2016 1:39 AM MDT

Right!

LOL!

(It's her turn now. Let Sap do her best to be witty now.)

September 25, 2016 1:40 AM MDT

Get a room, you two. :-)

September 25, 2016 1:41 AM MDT

Oh but I do!  Now I have TWO playthings! I'm having a blast!  Shall I have one of you roll over now?  Play fetch, maybe?

LOLOLOL!

September 25, 2016 1:41 AM MDT

Got link?   If I'm gonna play bogeyman I'd like to see this tactic.

September 25, 2016 1:42 AM MDT

Hello again, N:

Couple things..  I am NOT responsible for your conversations with others..  If you have a problem with them, it's NOT my problem..

When an institution is racist, it does NOT mean that the people who work for it are.  In fact, MOST of 'em probably aren't, and don't even KNOW what they're doing is racist.  That's because, as I said, it's HARD to see, and YOU missed it..  MOST people do. I dunno why.. 

Look..  Here's a CONCRETE example of institutional racism, and this one is WRITTEN in stone.  Let's start out with some FACT...  A gram of cocaine, whether it's powder or rock, acts the SAME on its user.  Powder cocaine is preferred by white people.. Black people like rock.  So, we passed a law that said possession of the same amount of ROCK cocaine will get you 5 TIMES longer in the slam than POWDERED cocaine.. That law is racist on its face.

After YEARS of screwing black people over, the congress realized their error, and reduced the discrepancy down to only 2 TIMES as much time..  They just could NOT bring themselves to treat black and white people EQUAL...  I dunno why..

So, with THAT law as a backdrop, a black cop can arrest a black kid for a RACIST law, and NOT be a RACIST himself, and probably doesn't even KNOW that he's acting like a RACIST...  That's the best example I can come up with..

excon...

September 25, 2016 4:58 AM MDT

September 25, 2016 12:48 PM MDT

Trash talking won't make you look any better, or your "arguments/point of views" any more valid. In fact it will only confirm how you systematically fall back to these kinds of premature behavior when you get under pressure and do not know how to reply in argumentative ways. It does make your cries about ad hominem attacks by others look rather shallow and pathetic.

Let us know when you are ready to have a mature debate. As for now you failed the debate class. 

Let me repeat my comment for your question, IF you don't recall it: 

"As for your question it seems being slightly misleading. You say the media ignores the details of the Charlotte shooting. The link you provide us with merely conspires around the fact that the police officer is black isn't more prominent in the stories of the chosen media. The fact that it's told in the stories will not make it ignored. It is a part of their coverage of the story."

As for plaything, let me correct your inadequate version:

plaything
    /ˈpleɪθɪŋ/
    noun
    a toy.
    "the rocking horse has been a favourite child's plaything for generations"

synonyms: toy, game, amusement
    "a child's plaything"

a person treated as amusing but unimportant by someone else.
    "she was the mistress and plaything of a wealthy businessman"

I take it the closest you get to any toy will be the "thing" you're holding in your hand. Happy w***ing, and enjoy your premature relief. 

I'm out of here to follow the only good advice you've ever given here, getting a room... Oh. That was supposed to be an insult?
      September 26, 2016 6:29 AM MDT

• I like this guy, gotta love him.
    Immediately attacks a person when having no argument
    Fantastic. That's the.way we do it here too.
    Ad Vomitum , great.
    VOTE NOT TRUMP!

September 26, 2016 7:51 AM MDT

• HAHA HAHA
    GREAT!
    How bout that folks,
    Don't give a squat!!
    Wow That's why we're ahead, because we don't give a squat!
    LOVE IT!
    We spit nonsense out and when someone dissents, point the finger and say,
    WE DONT GIVE A SQUAT.
    HA.
    New Slogan Folks.
    VOTE NOT TRUMP!
    Because we DONT GIVE A SQUAT!

September 26, 2016 7:56 AM MDT

• Oh the misogyny is thick on this one.
    I thought I saw a post of you, about misogyny?
    I didn't see it , saw it.
    So subtle and passive aggressive the way you disrespect her for being a woman. Plaything. Nice!!
    Just under the radar of Ms JAs whip of wisdom.
    FANTASTIC if you ask me.
    The way you try to humiliate others not with arguments, but with venomous insults.
    Haha I think is awesome.
    Just like us.
    VOTE NOT TRUMP
    Because
    WE DONT GIVE A SQUAT!

September 26, 2016 8:03 AM MDT