Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How much airborn micro plastic particles do you think you breath each day....there are billions and billions per sq mile in London ~~~

How much airborn micro plastic particles do you think you breath each day....there are billions and billions per sq mile in London ~~~

~~~that we all breath in each day...most all wet wipes contain about 85 % of plastic in each one... All the synthetic clothing you wear puts micro plastics down our drains and end up in out sewers and finally into our seas....
Would you still buy them knowing what damage they are doing to our oceans and the air we breath and also what we eat...
Who is to blame for this , the manafactures or the people that choose to keep on buying them....?

Posted - March 17, 2020

Responses

Two hundred and seventy-three. What do I win?
      March 17, 2020 6:36 PM MDT

A nasty cough and your lungs filled with micro plastic free of charge until some cleave'r wag works how to market it before you die from inhaling it for nothing....:( 
      March 17, 2020 6:44 PM MDT

I’ll take what’s behind curtain number three, Alex... Pat...Drew Carey... whatever you’re name is. 
      March 17, 2020 6:47 PM MDT

It wil like e curtains for all of us if we persist in breathing all this man made crap in....:( 
      March 17, 2020 6:49 PM MDT

I just heard about micro plastic a few weeks ago and found it scary because micro plastic  is in a lot of things. I think the government should be responsible or at least make it a law that products have to have a may contain micro plastic  warning label. Cheers!
      March 17, 2020 7:17 PM MDT

Bubble burst...that's approximately 1-10 particles per cubic meter. That's less than 1 particle each breath. You breathe more automobile pollution than that. And sawdust where you work. And shoe leather in your shoe closet.
      March 17, 2020 8:32 PM MDT

I watched a prog on BBC tonight about plastic waste...they put filters  in peoples  homes...in every room the filters were dirty ...
    Did you know that most all wipes for any use are all more than 80% plastic...
      March 17, 2020 10:00 PM MDT

I live two hours drive south from the nearest city, Brisbane. 
    Winds from the north blow only 3% of the time; they would carry particles in my direction.

In this rural environment on the edge of one of Australia's largest national parks, I probably breath very few plastic nano-particles.

My only synthetic garment is a raincoat; the rest of my clothing is cotton, linen or wool.

When I lived in London, Paris and Sydney, my snot was black.
    Living here, it's clear when wet and translucent butter colour when dried.
      March 17, 2020 9:46 PM MDT

TMI
      March 18, 2020 7:02 AM MDT