Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Family » For the grandparents out there: do any of you have grandchildren whom you have never seen in person?

For the grandparents out there: do any of you have grandchildren whom you have never seen in person?

Inspired by this question which was posted by another member:

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/102672/how-many-of-your-grandparents-did-you-know-i-only-knew-my-mother

~

Posted - March 17, 2020

Responses

Yes, and I'm sure there are great-grandkids I don't even know about.  I try not to think about it because it bothers me so much.  I'm missing their life and time together with them and I'm running out of time. 
      March 18, 2020 5:08 AM MDT

March 18, 2020 7:35 AM MDT

My youngest granddaughter I haven't seen much of, the only one that my son doesn't have custody - she's with her maternal grandmother (who is estranged from her daughter). DCP decided that one special needs child was all my son was equipped to care for. My grandson is autistic, the baby so seriously malnourished that she was put on a two hour feeding schedule when she was removed from her mother's care.
      March 18, 2020 5:14 AM MDT

I have 4 that we do not not see on a regular basis.  We do not see the parents (my step children) on a regular basis either.

I have 2 biological grandchildren. We see them frequently.  

No grandchildren that we have not seen at all.
      April 15, 2020 2:33 PM MDT