Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Games » For those of you who enjoy doing crossword puzzles, do you have any personally-set rules on how you go about it?

For those of you who enjoy doing crossword puzzles, do you have any personally-set rules on how you go about it?

For example, some people like to go through as many ‘across’ clues as they can before starting with any of the ‘down’ clues, or vice-versa, some people begin with the shortest words first and then build from there, some people time themselves, some people refuse to look up answers in dictionaries or other texts, some people answer the fill-in-the-blank clues first, some people like solving them all alone, while others might want a group effort, or some people prefer to solve only the most difficult ones they can find, and lastly, some people only use a pencil, never a pen. 

~

Posted - March 20, 2020

Responses

First I solve 1 across.
    Then I try to solve all the down words going off of 1 across.
    After 4 hours of doing that I say screw it and try to solve 2 across
      March 20, 2020 10:48 PM MDT

LOL!

March 20, 2020 11:12 PM MDT

I find all the easy words first then work on the hard ones  I usually spend about 2 hours before I give up.
      March 20, 2020 11:13 PM MDT

I do them in ink. I don't fill out anything until I'm sure of the answer. 
      March 21, 2020 9:19 AM MDT

I start with across.  If I can't get too many of the answers in the first block, I start the downs.  
      March 21, 2020 10:53 AM MDT