Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Ho hum, oh well. Uh, what is (are) your favorite memory (memories)?

Ho hum, oh well. Uh, what is (are) your favorite memory (memories)?

I think may be creating them right now.  This time in my life may be the best ever.

Posted - March 22, 2020

Responses

Nice things to contemplate:

The natural landscapes around me when I was a child - and now - different landscapes but the same wonderful feelings.

The first time I managed to entice a cat to become my friend.

The times I've spent with animals.

Being there each time one of my mares gave birth and imprinting and training the foals - feeling the bonds, the trust and the relationships develop.

My first orgasm.

The first (and only) time I fell truly, madly, deeply in love, and what it felt like.

Times with friends - especially times of open and deep mutual sharing.

Times reading favourite authors and the ways they've influenced my evolution.

The joys of writing, even when it's a struggle.

Facing and overcoming challenges.

And you? What are yours?
      March 22, 2020 1:57 AM MDT

After a mostly humiliating career as a motorcycle racer, I suddenly 'broke out' one night in 1973 and won a heat race, then won my semi-final. I lined up for the feature race with the top guy in America (with his fancy factory-equipped racer) and me riding a 100% stock 'off the showroom floor' bike. I led the race until I ran outta gas on the last lap. I continued to race for years afterwards, but never could dominate like that one night. It was a sort of   Cinderella story. This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at March 22, 2020 8:03 AM MDT
      March 22, 2020 8:00 AM MDT