Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Has anyone mentioned (or even noticed) that the ramping up of the Corona Virus Crisis coincides with The Season of Lent?

Has anyone mentioned (or even noticed) that the ramping up of the Corona Virus Crisis coincides with The Season of Lent?

Lent 2020 is from Feb 26 to Apr 06. Almost everyone worldwide has so far had to give up or curtail something due to COVID19, including those people who don’t follow Lent.

What are some examples of someone whose life has not changed absolutely one bit because of COVID19?

This question is posed as a challenge for others to dispute or rebut your example if evidence to the contrary can be presented. 

~

Posted - March 26, 2020

Responses

Jews don't have to give up anything for Lent, so their lives don't change.
      March 26, 2020 10:38 AM MDT

• Not due to Lent nor the virus, but I gave up searching for f*cks to give about bad grammar.  I feel so cleansed. xD
      March 26, 2020 1:20 PM MDT

As I see it, whatever I have had to give up (not much really other than some value in my stock portfolio) was imposed on us all by forces beyond my control, not voluntarily surrendered by me for a chosen practice of faith. I give no merit to such practices, anyway. 

The analogy, IMHO, is a dubious one. We might agree viruses aren’t cognizant of man’s calendars. That lent is underway is a coincidence that affects only observant Christians.

This post was edited by Don Barzini at March 26, 2020 7:05 PM MDT
      March 26, 2020 2:13 PM MDT