Active Now

Randy D
CosmicWunderkind
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Music » What’s your favourite song from a Quentin Tarantino movie soundtrack?

What’s your favourite song from a Quentin Tarantino movie soundtrack?

Posted - March 26, 2020

Responses

It rarely gets better than Dusty Springfield for me :)

'Son of a Preacher Man'

( "Pulp Fiction " )

March 26, 2020 6:16 PM MDT

Love that one :) I don’t think there’s any song that could be picked from one of his movies that I wouldn’t like. He’s a creepy dude IMO , but his movies and taste in music on point. 
      March 26, 2020 6:27 PM MDT

I remembered "Pulp Fiction" but I've not seen many of the movies he's directed. I had to look his movies up. I saw some other movies that he wrote screenplays for and the stories for, too.
    Dark stuff for sure.
    :)
      March 26, 2020 6:31 PM MDT

They might not be to you’re liking. I was thinking when I got notification that you posted on this question hope  you didn’t watch the video I added with the question :) I remember you don’t like violent things.:) 
      March 26, 2020 6:33 PM MDT

Yeah, you're right.

I have enjoyed such movies in the past, don't deal so well lately with them, for sure.

I highly recommend this movie - - director Michael Haneke's  original 1997 "Funny Games." (not his own American remake; I've not seen the remake and have no desire since the original is perfect to me.)

I enjoy watching subtitled movies; I much prefer that over dubbed films.Anyway, this is a German / Austrian film. And I don't speak those languages but I wanted to hear the actual cast's voices. 

Haneke does not believe violence should be entertaining, as in many blockbuster-type movies. And he makes a very disturbing violent film that literally shows no gore nor over-the-top violence. From what I've read, Haneke wanted to make a violent film that makes the audience uncomfortable. He certainly succeeded with me. (After I recommended it, some of my friends had no problem watching this; but, for me, no movie has disturbed me more than this one.)

Oh - - and I think this movie is a masterpiece of film making. :)
    It does things I've seen no other movie do.

I've become quite a fan of Haneke's movies. Because of this movie, I watched a whole lot of his stuff. Every one of them is superb to me. :)

That's actor Arno Frisch in the poster.

Funny Games Movie Posters From Movie Poster Shop

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at March 27, 2020 6:45 AM MDT
      March 26, 2020 8:17 PM MDT

Thanks, I’ll put them on my list:) I‘m staring to feel Like I’m going to have time to watch every movie ever made -_- 
      March 27, 2020 6:40 AM MDT

• I've been meaning to try to track down and watch the original because the remake  is all that I've ever seen.  Love the movie though, so twisted, lol. 
      March 27, 2020 6:46 AM MDT

Yes, ha!! Twisted!
    I love the original 1997 version.

I've not seen the remake. A close friend of mine has seen both and he says, and I've read, that it's basically a shot-for-shot remake, just with an English-speaking cast. That's not enough for me to watch it, ha. The original is all I've seen and I don't want it ruined by watching the remake, even though I like the cast who is in the remake.
    The original 1997 movie is perfect for me.
      March 27, 2020 11:28 AM MDT

Oh - - yeah, I started to watch a little of your clip - - and stopped. :)
      March 26, 2020 8:18 PM MDT

(your liking)

you’re = you + are 
      March 26, 2020 9:19 PM MDT

Too numerous to remember them all, and too numerous to select just one.

~
      March 26, 2020 9:22 PM MDT

Pretend that you have a gun to your head and you will be shot if you don’t pick one -_- what’s your answer?? 
      March 27, 2020 6:41 AM MDT

~
      March 27, 2020 8:49 AM MDT

Pretend that you have a gun to your head and you will be shot if you don’t pick one -_- what’s your answer??  

March 27, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

(Sigh.)

~
      March 27, 2020 8:53 AM MDT

(SIGH LOUDER)

March 27, 2020 8:58 AM MDT

It’s still the same. A gun to my head don’t scare me none. Do your worst. 

~
      March 28, 2020 5:28 AM MDT

• Ugh, there are so many great ones to choose from. This one immediately came to mind though.  Across 110th Street by Bobby Womack.

March 27, 2020 6:44 AM MDT

Ohhh that’s a good one, I did rewatch Jackie Brown recently. I’m all about the Tarantino movies right now. It’s been long enough since I originally watched most of them so I’m rewatch mode lately. There‘s no new movies that interest me lately. 
      March 27, 2020 6:52 AM MDT

• I still have to catch up on a couple of his that I missed. I have Django Unchained that I've never watched and I haven't seen his newest one yet either. Have you watched Hateful Eight?  I loved loved that movie. 
      March 27, 2020 6:56 AM MDT

No I haven’t seen the hateful eight yet. You have to watch Dijango unchained. I put that one off Cos I wasn’t sure I would like it but it’s soooo good. A bit different from his usual stuff, but really good. 
      March 27, 2020 7:04 AM MDT

• Hateful Eight is almost like a violent version of the movie Clue set in a wild west tavern.  I'll dig Django back out of my blu-rays and set it out until I finally get around to watching it. 
      March 27, 2020 7:06 AM MDT

People still buy blue rays?? you’re so retro :) 
      March 27, 2020 7:11 AM MDT

• I still like buying the physical copies of movies...don't really know why.  I had no problem completely going digital with video games. 
      March 27, 2020 7:18 AM MDT