Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » COVID19. How have YOU been spending your days locked up in your home due to the virus crisis and social distancing orders?

COVID19. How have YOU been spending your days locked up in your home due to the virus crisis and social distancing orders?

~

Posted - March 28, 2020

Responses

March 28, 2020 2:57 PM MDT

I have lots of elbow room out here in the countryside. No need to stay '6 feet' away from people because there is no one around. 
      March 28, 2020 5:13 PM MDT

I was working three days a week, but since we are all working from home, they asked if I would change my schedule to work the same number of hours, but five days a week and I agreed.  That keeps me chained to my laptop from 9:30-2:30, but then I'm free for the rest of the day.  For me it's better because I prefer that to sitting at the computer for 7 hours.  I don't have a good work setup (desk and task chair), so after a while, it's a bit uncomfortable.  The good part is that I don't have to get dressed or put on makeup.  :) This post was edited by SpunkySenior at March 29, 2020 4:20 PM MDT
      March 29, 2020 3:46 PM MDT

(umber number)

As far as the workspace at home, I’m in much of a similar situation: my back and neck and shoulders are being murdered. I do, however, get dressed as if I were going into the office. I ain’t putting on makeup for nobody. 

~
      March 29, 2020 4:03 PM MDT

I will correct that typo - thanks.  Yes, my back and shoulders will never the same if this goes on too long.  My boss offered to buy me a desk, chair and printer, but I don't have room anywhere for an office setup.  I have all the furniture I need right now, so I will put up with it for a while and then decide what to do.  If need be, I will rent a desk and chair until this is over.  I change out of my pajamas into a pair of sweatpants and a fleece pullover.  My building gives the least amount of heat they can and still comply with the law, so my place is kind of chilly most of the day.  I don't do video conferences, so it doesn't matter what I'm wearing.  I would hope you don't put on makeup!
      March 29, 2020 4:19 PM MDT