Active Now

my2cents
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » How can I get hit on by men?

How can I get hit on by men?

How can I get hit on by men because I do not get hit on by them-they just sometimes stare at me or call me beautiful every once in a blue moon. I wear makeup and dress up nice but I do not smile that much and I do not go to bars or clubs so is that why? But still, whenever I go to a grocery store or a mall, I still never get hit on by men. I have never had a bf before or have been approached and I am 21 years old age. 

Posted - September 25, 2016

Responses

Maybe get a puppy - men can't resist woman with a puppy. Cheers and happy weekend!

September 25, 2016 11:15 AM MDT

Join a co-ed boxing club?

You may be "suffering" from being too attractive in that a gentleman will take a look at you and think that "there's no way in hell she would have anything to do with lowly ol' me". Or perhaps you unknowingly and unintentionally project a "don't come near me" persona as a means of your own self defense.

So maybe you have to let a particular man that you may fancy know of your interest in him; "drop the hankie" so to speak, to give him an opportunity to approach you without being call a masher and hearing that rape whistle being blown in his ear. 

September 25, 2016 11:19 AM MDT

Going to bars and clubs would definitely help.

I dont know how beautiful you are (your profile pic is just the standard mug shot), but you should be aware that there is such a thing as being too beautiful, then guys take one look at you and think "Outa my league" instead of trying anything. If you can recognize that you may want to "Slut up" a bit. A 'too red' color lipstick or showing a bit more cleavage than is 'nice'.

By the way, does asking us mean you dont have girlfriends to ask? If so you definitely should spend more time socializing, having friends help a lot, and many men will approach a party of girls more boldly than they wiill approach a single, then they focus on the one who seem most 'receptive' to his charm.

September 25, 2016 11:58 AM MDT

Would you settle for a cat?...;-D...

September 25, 2016 11:59 AM MDT

Sounds like you need to relax a bit, you may come across as standoffish.

September 25, 2016 12:49 PM MDT

I have yet to see a guy in a grocery store or supermarket that I would want to hit on me.  Maybe I'm too picky.

September 25, 2016 3:59 PM MDT

• I do not buy that you don't know this, AT ALL.

September 25, 2016 4:02 PM MDT

Going to bars and clubs is a good way to hook up with an abusive alcoholic . . .

September 25, 2016 4:14 PM MDT

Okay, so maybe I do know this. But I do not know why I am not getting hit on by men yet I always hear of other women constantly being hit on. 

September 25, 2016 4:21 PM MDT

By your own admission, you don't smile much.  What man would think that a woman might be interested in him if you don't smile?  Smiling is "I'm interested in you" 101.

September 25, 2016 4:42 PM MDT

•   September 25, 2016 5:40 PM MDT

i never get hit on by men either, im 56 and never had a boyfriend, guys wont ask me out and i have no idea why, it stinks

September 25, 2016 5:49 PM MDT

Stop trying... smile big always...and most important be yourself. ..enjoy yourself discover what makes you happy. ..what you like...then it'll happen when you least expect it
      September 25, 2016 5:56 PM MDT

I shall do so. We can have dinner at a nice restaurant and see where it goes from there. A walk in the park mayhap? I am officially hitting on you.

September 25, 2016 5:57 PM MDT

If a man stares at you and smiles...he is hitting on you and is waiting for you to respond. Check him up and down with a bit of a nod  and give him a demure smile saying you might be interested. Flirting is an art.

September 25, 2016 6:02 PM MDT

• That's a good start...flirting sure is an art.  :-)

September 25, 2016 6:05 PM MDT

•   September 25, 2016 6:05 PM MDT

• Awww <3

September 25, 2016 6:06 PM MDT

I have only had a guy both stare and smile at me at the same time once. Now all a guy will do is stare at me with a blank expression so I cannot tell if they are staring because they are interested or because of something else. 

September 25, 2016 6:08 PM MDT

Why don't you try going to bars or clubs and hitting on the men you see that you like? Not many men hit on women in grocery stores. Oh, and do try smiling, that will go a long way. :)

September 25, 2016 6:22 PM MDT

Check to make sure you don't have a piece of lettuce stuck in your teeth.

September 25, 2016 6:23 PM MDT

Why don't you ask a guy out, pearl? At 56 you are not too old, and lots of guys would like to be with a mature woman like yourself. Try it and see. :)

September 25, 2016 6:24 PM MDT

• Well, if you know why, then do something about it.

September 25, 2016 8:59 PM MDT

Not necessarily, Salt. Not every guy who goes to bars and clubs is an abusive alcoholic. Those who are like that are in fact in the minority.

September 26, 2016 12:49 PM MDT