Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Have you been attacked by a raccoon?

Have you been attacked by a raccoon?

Posted - April 14, 2020

Responses

No and I'm not going to put it on my bucket list. Cheers!
      April 14, 2020 11:24 AM MDT

That's funny!
    :) :)!!
      April 14, 2020 11:55 AM MDT

I've been attacked by a lot of things and not one of them was a raccoon.
      April 14, 2020 12:01 PM MDT

No...
    But I have have shuddered, shaken and danced like the scarecrow with all hair standing staight on end by one!!!!

It was HUGE!  It shook the whole tree and had eyes that glowed.  It was the biggest thing I had ever seen in a tree and didn't hear a sound until I was right under it.
    That was the most frightened I have ever been by a creature.  
    I swear.  To this day.  I have never been soo freaked and frightened in my life...
    by anything or anyone.

It does have a happy ending, of course. Big winks. 
    He happened to be living or rather, occupying the tree right next to our master bedroom and has branches almost reaching our house.  It was mating season.  I can tell you.  She was NOT in the mood.
    I went out to see what was going on.
    Mating raccoons was NOT what I was expecting to find.  In fact, it didn't even make the list of "what do think that might be?"  True Shocker!!!

Since that night we all have come to an agreement.  They can live and mate anywhere they would like.  We flew the white flag, immediately.  They won without any further adu. This post was edited by Merlin at April 14, 2020 4:38 PM MDT
      April 14, 2020 12:07 PM MDT

Sort of. A baby raccoon followed me around in a park screeching at me and my girlfriend thinking we were it's parents. Kinda funny. It even tried to crawl up my leg. We ditched it and found out later a Ranger picked it up.
      April 14, 2020 12:39 PM MDT

It was looking for an available nipple, perhaps?
      April 14, 2020 1:49 PM MDT

Attacked, no.  Spit, at yes.  They are mean!  
      April 14, 2020 12:42 PM MDT

Coon stories ------- 1. I came home late one night, and discovered a coon sitting on my bird feeder, eating the seeds. Well, that was the end of my hobby of feeding the birds. Those coons have not allowed me to enjoy any of my sweet corn that I have grown. 2. (the stories will get progressively more disgusting and tragic from here!)  Late one night I opened the door between the house and garage. I flipped on the light and a coon shot out the cat door. The next night was a repeat, the critter was eating the cat food. After a week of this stuff, the coon seemed to be on friendly terms with the cat and me, it did not run off, but stood there and looked at me. I locked the cat door to keep the coon out. Several days later, there was a dead coon laying on the lawn. Turkey vultures were eating the remains. 3. Another late night and I was driving down the highway. Suddenly, a huge coon stood in the path of my car. It had an angry expression, and slipped beneath the front end of the car, making a solid 'THUMP-THUMP' sound. The next morning I found anti freeze on my garage floor. It cost the insurance company $700. to replace the radiator and AC condenser. 4.  My son called to complain about an animal that was crawling around in the attic. I climbed up on the roof and saw that the attic fan had been ripped away from it's regular location. This allowed the critter to gain access to the attic. I did not want to go into the dark attic with an unknown critter, so I sealed off the fan entrance and lowered the attic ladder into the garage where it could escape. I waited a few days to give it time to 'get hungry' enough to go looking for food, then I sealed the attic. A few days later, my son calls me and says; "Dad, there is a coon in my roof." So I drive over to his house and sure enough, there is a coon sticking half way out of his roof. It was dead, but was wedged between the electrical entrance pipe and the roof. I had to cut a section of the roof out to remove the dead animal. This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at April 14, 2020 7:38 PM MDT
      April 14, 2020 1:47 PM MDT

No, because we don't have raccoons here 
      April 14, 2020 2:03 PM MDT

• Lucky gal.
      April 14, 2020 4:01 PM MDT

Not yet. 
      April 14, 2020 4:38 PM MDT

No but a coon did eat my chickens and ducks. 
      April 14, 2020 4:47 PM MDT

Never, shot a few, run over more and have seen morethan that
      April 14, 2020 9:40 PM MDT