Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » I answered someone’s post 5 minutes ago, and without any others providing any feedback

I answered someone’s post 5 minutes ago, and without any others providing any feedback

whatsoever subsequent to mine, I just received about 10 notifications from that thread. They were all for answers to or comments about the original question, and they were directed to its author or each other, but not to me. 

What gives?  Is AnswerMug turning into AnswerBag, which itself turned into GlitchBag before it went supernova?

https://answermug.com/forums/topic/104694/what-movie-or-television-series-best-includes-a-series-of-catast/view/post_id/776854

~

Posted - April 15, 2020

Responses

TLDR

~
      April 15, 2020 6:48 PM MDT

You did not UNCHECK the Send me notifications when other members reply....

So you get a notice everytime someone posts on the question.

Go to the question and click Unsubscribe Topic under the question.
      April 15, 2020 6:52 PM MDT

(everytime every time)

You may have misunderstood my point, I am well aware of the unsubscribe feature, and I very rarely use it. I have no desire to exempt myself from notifications of others’ posts on a thread to which I have already begun to participate. I do not need to uncheck that feature, but thank you anyway. 

What I refer to in my question is that the notifications were for posts that occurred prior to my participation in the noted thread, something that has never happened before. Usually, notifications occur after someone joins a thread.

~
      April 15, 2020 7:58 PM MDT

Not a glitch. When you subscribe to a question, you will often get notifications of posts that were recently made just shortly before you subscribed.   Now if those notifications were about posts from the years before on that question...that would be a glitich.
      April 16, 2020 8:25 AM MDT

Ive just never seen it happen that way before. All notifications I have ever received have been after I participated in a thread. 
    ~
      April 16, 2020 8:27 AM MDT

Normally a thread is not that active. I have only noticed a handful of times.
      April 16, 2020 8:29 AM MDT