Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » In what ways can you foresee the COVID-19 pandemic bringing lasting change to the world?

In what ways can you foresee the COVID-19 pandemic bringing lasting change to the world?

Serious discussion is appreciated, though not terribly expected...

Posted - April 17, 2020

Responses

Lions napping on a road outside Orpen Rest Camp in Kruger National Park, South Africa on April 15, 2020.
    Lions napping on a road outside Orpen Rest Camp in Kruger National Park, South Africa on April 15, 2020.
      April 18, 2020 2:47 PM MDT

Happy Goosebumps!!!
      April 18, 2020 3:30 PM MDT

The Earth is breathing, FINALLY!  
    I am so giddy with delight
    that the Twinkles are dancing and the Sprinkles prancing.
    The very rarely seen Brinkles have even taking flight,
    reaching the stars with all their might!

Did you hear? 
    L.A. had the best air for a day compared to any other city the same size?! 
    When I heard, I almost fell to the floor (in a good way, of course! ;) )
    What is the lesson I took from this statistic?
    If we all stopped thinking we had to run to the store for one item and stopped thinking we loved our cars to individually drive to work Every Day on Pacific Coast Highway and ... and...
    If we all would give ourselves a break and know:
    ONE Person, YOU, can make a difference, Everyday.
    When you do the smallest thing, pat yourself on the back. You ARE making the world a better place.  You might not see it... but the Universe does and you know, inside.  :) :)
    Every little bit matters.

This post was edited by Merlin at April 18, 2020 2:22 PM MDT
      April 18, 2020 12:16 PM MDT

The days of the Mom and Pop businesses and sidewalks and knowing one’s neighbors and schools close by insured that people’s lives revolved around the what they could access on foot in an hour or less. Once Big Money saw ways to increase corporate profits at a much faster rate, all of those things gradually went by the wayside until they disappeared completely, and along with them, unforeseen aspects of better living did also. 

:(
      April 18, 2020 12:48 PM MDT

If anyone questioned how much of a difference not driving everywhere made to the environment, this is proof positive that in a relatively short time, so much has gotten better.  Imagine if we really put our minds to continuing to care for the planet once the threat of death is over.  
      April 18, 2020 2:24 PM MDT