Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Do you think that many people will grow more comfortable with not working and being taken care of by government stipends? ~

Do you think that many people will grow more comfortable with not working and being taken care of by government stipends? ~

Posted - April 21, 2020

Responses

A $1200 stimulus check is not exactly being supported by the government. 
      April 21, 2020 8:29 AM MDT

In addition to the paltry stimulus check, I’m talking about extended unemployment benefits. 

~
      April 21, 2020 5:42 PM MDT

No because, in my perhaps liberal heart viewpoint, most all people want to work by nature and it is denying their nature to work so they will get antsy and rant-sy and all else. Money alone won't take you too far. This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at April 21, 2020 1:38 PM MDT
      April 21, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

No I do not believe that is true for the vast majority.  Yes we will have some folks work the sytem, however that is still working.
      April 21, 2020 12:05 PM MDT

I hope not.
      April 21, 2020 1:37 PM MDT

No.  I think Americans are realizing what could be going  on and deciding to come out and do life.  That makes me happy and proud.  There is this scary thought that I've had since the second week of this.  The Michigan governor really brought it home, and now that we know who controls her it is all explained.  But remember the UN expected to implement their agenda by 2021.  Acknowledging that they could not make that deadline they changed it to 2030, however, since the USA is not interested so much in playing with them, they are approaching local governments to start implementing their "sustainable" (bullshit) programs.  Sustainable is the curse word of the decade.  When government talks about it they are really talking about control.  Anyway, I forgot what the question was...........................
      April 22, 2020 1:24 AM MDT