Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are these the musings of a sane person?

Are these the musings of a sane person?

From Axios this morning:

" 5. Lysol fires back at Trump's medical musings  

Photo: Michael Reynolds/EPA/Bloomberg via Getty Images

President Trump said at yesterday’s briefing: "I'm not a doctor. But I’m like a person that has a good you-know-what."

His medical musings prompted pushback from medical professionals after he offhandedly suggested that ultraviolet light and disinfectant might be used to fight coronavirus:

So, supposing we hit the body with a tremendous — whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light — and I think you said that that hasn’t been checked, but you’re going to test it.  ... upposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way, and I think you said you’re going to test that too.  It sounds interesting. ...
I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning? Because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs. So it would be interesting to check that. So, that, you’re going to have to use medical doctors ... But ... it sounds interesting to me. 

Reckitt Benckiser, the maker of Lysol, said in a statement dated today, "Improper use of Disinfectants":

• "nder no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body."

Posted - April 24, 2020

Responses

I'm not a veterinarian so I am not professionally qualified to discuss animals---nevertheless I feel more than competent to name with total accuracy the species of pet that I have in my house.

To wit: I have 2 rescue dogs, and I do not have a pet elephant.
      April 25, 2020 12:21 PM MDT

Exactly!
      April 25, 2020 2:22 PM MDT

So many good replies here
    sad as it is
    Can't stop laughing
    at some of these replies.
      April 25, 2020 7:34 AM MDT

Sometimes laughing at sadness is what prevents us from tearing our hair out, wouldn’t you say, Baba?
      April 25, 2020 7:41 AM MDT

Good for Trump.   If I'm feeling a bit feverish, I'm gonna stick a light bulb up my bum.
      April 25, 2020 10:00 AM MDT

No but they might be the musings of a capitalist  pig. Early this week Trump received a letter from Mark Grenon -  Mark Grenon styles himself as an Archbishop of Genesis 11 a Florida based outfit that claims to be a church. But in fact it is the largest producer and distribater of Chlorine dixide bleach in the US. They have been branding the cemical as MMS  (miracle mineral solution) and they claim it is a  cure for coronavirus.  Seems a bit fishy to me. Cheers!
      April 26, 2020 9:55 AM MDT