Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Puzzling. An Answermug pal living in the U.K. says she has not seen anyone wear a mask where she lives. Is that true for you too?

Puzzling. An Answermug pal living in the U.K. says she has not seen anyone wear a mask where she lives. Is that true for you too?

It's part of what's mandatory for us...at least in California. People can keep you out if you are not wearing a mask.

So I don't know what the rate of infection is in the U.K. but they are not availing themselves of whatever protection a mask might provide and that seems very shortsighted to me...as an outside observer.

Different strokes.

What effect a mask actually provides is unknown to me. But I'd rather be with it than without it.

Posted - April 26, 2020

Responses

I have seen people wearing them but it is not mandatory here.
      April 26, 2020 10:42 AM MDT

Do you wear one? Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Monday to thee and thine. STAY SAFE! :)
      April 27, 2020 3:12 AM MDT

She is residing well outside London and maybe she means where she is. I'll message her. Here are the world stats I find the interesting.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-million-inhabitants/
      April 26, 2020 11:30 AM MDT

Well our state is locked down and has been since mid-March. If anything the rules are getting rulier. Now if you aren't wearing a mask you will not be allowed to enter anyplace and I'm not sure about this but I think you might get fined. It just makes sense to me to do whatever you can to be as safe as you can whether you are told to, forced to or it's an option. Thank you for your repy E and Happy Monday to thee! :) Oh and thank you for the link which I shall click on forthwith! Appreciate it! :) This is hugely interesting E. If I read it correctly the DEATHS PER MILLION in the UK is double that of the deaths per million in the US. So why they are lax and slow to do better I don't know. The people will pay the price for it. This post was edited by RosieG at April 27, 2020 3:16 AM MDT
      April 27, 2020 3:11 AM MDT

Well, I'm in UK, I wear a mask and gloves at the supermarket, and I've seen plenty of people wearing masks and gloves.  As Element said it may differ depending on where you live. This post was edited by kjames at April 27, 2020 3:08 AM MDT
      April 26, 2020 4:52 PM MDT

That's good to know. I guess different cities handle it differently. I'm very happy to hear that kj. Thank you for your reply! :)
      April 27, 2020 3:09 AM MDT