Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » In California, some public parks and beaches are being reopened, with varying results. How are things in your locale?

In California, some public parks and beaches are being reopened, with varying results. How are things in your locale?

As you can see below, some people are adhering to social distancing, others are not . . . 

~

Posted - April 28, 2020

Responses

Oh, my - - that guy "sanding his bud" there - - I'd be so very tempted to want to Anti-Social Distance with him.

Randy D -- this image is another one that is drawing me in again -- I love  it- - 

Those two women's facial expressions in the middle - the one with the head scarf --a joyful laugh!!! and the other one - - rolling her eyes!!! HA!!! LOL!!!

Oh, yeah - - and that hot bare-torsoed guy I already mentioned - - ;)  Only if he were of legal age, of course, ha! Hard to tell his age once I look closer.

And then that guy in the middle behind that 'main group' -  - I like how he looks as if he is just casually stretching the cloth behind and above his head.

I don't know - - my head goes weird sometimes looking at pictures.

I could look at all these details forever it seems- - and that COOL concession stand in the background. You pick some great images.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 28, 2020 3:38 PM MDT
      April 28, 2020 7:45 AM MDT

April 28, 2020 7:45 AM MDT

Hey, thanks for a Pick, Randy D!!
    How fun! :)  
    :)
      April 29, 2020 8:01 AM MDT

You deserve it, Pal; you earned it. 

~
      April 29, 2020 8:02 AM MDT

Cool, thanks! :)

And every time I get an alert about others posting on your question, I come back to see what they write and then I look at the picture some more.

I sort of wonder if the photographer only caught by accident that young woman rolling her eyes. :)
      April 29, 2020 8:46 AM MDT

That’s really good attention to detail on your part, Welby!  I’ll bet she riled her eyes over something the woman to the right said in a flirtatious way to the guy who is in between them, lol.  She and that woman have both been vying to attract him, Rye-Rollie is losing the competition to Flirty-Floosie, who is more extroverted and daring in her approach. 
    ~
      April 29, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

Yes!! Ha!! I think along the same lines!

And -- that BareTorsoGuy again, the one "sanding" the other guy - - he's paying no attention to any of the women. No surprise, he knows in whom he is interested -- the guy right in front of him. Ha!

(Thanks for the compliment on my seeing interesting-to-me details in the photo.)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 29, 2020 1:18 PM MDT
      April 29, 2020 9:00 AM MDT

Here in the midwest U.S; there are rumors of factory restarts coming soon. Farmers are busy working the fields around my property. F-U, Coronavirus!  
      April 28, 2020 8:35 AM MDT

That photo's just a wee bit dated.  No one wears that much clothing on California beaches anymore.

In this california town they reopened the local park last Saturday - upper hiking trails only - with the stipulation that all people and dogs are to maintain social distancing.  All our beaches are still underwater (snow runoff). 
      April 28, 2020 9:43 AM MDT

I love that photo for lots of reasons, ha! The more I look, the more I enjoy!

April 29, 2020 8:02 AM MDT

I forgot to 'like' your answer when I replied. I don't like when I forget to do that. Been doing it a lot lately. :)
      April 29, 2020 10:14 AM MDT

Well, I'm in NYC so we're still pretty much under quarantine unless going out for essentials and still keeping social distancing.  However, Sunday was a really nice Spring day and there were plenty of people out in the parks, may of whom were wearing masks, but still pretty close.  
      April 28, 2020 10:38 AM MDT

I am going BIG on generalization. I am not saying this applies to all BUT....
    My thought on the whole situation is this:

Pushing on borderline insanity, adults have the attention span of about two weeks, TOPS!

It doesn't matter.  When you pull in the idea of protecting our bodies, well, we know we won't do that.

Look at all the health clubs at our disposal when we think we will get in shape.  Those last, what?  Two weeks before we throw in the towel?

The diets.  A world of money is spent on these "good intentions" and they last about... I'm sorry but 2 weeks is normally how long a person can go before they cave for their craving.

Many New Years Resolutions are based on doing good for our bodies.  Most of them don't even hit the 2 week mark.

We aren't as creative as we used to be and don't know how to spend time with our families.  We go crazy knowing we should be enjoying this time and doing fun things with one another but don't know how.  Many have lost the knack of entertaining themselves and feel responsible if they can't entertain others.  Even with the computers and the TV, we feel uncomfortable.

However,

This rebellion of not actually staying put does give a glimmer of hope.  It does to me, anyway.

When the weather is nice we LIKE to be OUTSIDE!

As far as us Californians, in Southern California, many of us live here for the weather.  We don't like to be inside.  Virus or no virus, when our 2 weeks are up, we are going out.
    I didn't say we were the smartest group.  We pay a boat load of money to live here and have this weather so we are going to enjoy it as often as we possibly can.
    Of course, the problem with this theory is everyone else who lives here is thinking the same thing.
    Like I said, we aren't the smartest bunch. When it comes to being outside, the damages it will and can do, don't seem to matter.  We think we are better than the virus.  We steer clear of each other, in the grocery store or gas stations.  When you tempt us with clean air,  we haven't noticed our neighbors are packing their car(s) too. We won't be polluting the air.  I have a hybrid. I don't pollute. Everyone else is staying indoors. We aren't infected so we won't get the virus.  No one else is out. ...
    Denial at its finest.

Here is my conclusion:

We had the most perfect excuse for Not paying attention to anxieties in our day-to-day lives.

WORK.

It took an extremely frightening and deadly virus for many of us to Stop.

What we have now is something we had all along.  We forgot.  We have

TIME.

It's one of those precious gifts given every day.  How we use our time is up to us. 
    Hopefully, you find a way that creates a happy and healthy enviornment for you and other living things in your surroundings.  This post was edited by Merlin at April 29, 2020 8:05 AM MDT
      April 28, 2020 12:28 PM MDT

Merlie, I’m clean, Baby!  I stay clean, I shower every single day!  Hey, wait, who are they?

~
      April 28, 2020 5:41 PM MDT

Boogie Woogie, with the help from your Harem, I am sure your bodily hygiene is beautifully cared for.
    It's your mental hygiene that has me giggling.  Well, that and why it is you seem to be quick in covering your pleasure tool.

;) :)

April 29, 2020 2:51 AM MDT

Wait, how much did you see?

~
      April 29, 2020 6:48 AM MDT

I saw first what you wrote and laughed -  and then scrolled down and saw the photo and I laughed more :)

And, again, Randy D - - a great photo -- I want to get to know these two people. Seriously, look at their appealing, natural smiles/laughs. Incredibly attractive in all ways to me. :)
      April 29, 2020 8:08 AM MDT

The two at the back of the vehicle?
    ~
      April 29, 2020 8:57 AM MDT

Yes, the two in the vehicle. Definitely. That's the one. (Or do I mean - - "Yes, those are the two"? Ha)

Yet, I failed to mention also - - of course, I like the man in the shower, ha! - - yet I love the woman's entire facial reaction and smile and laugh and handing him the towel -- she looks fun and nice, in a natural spontaneous way, to me. :)

I don't know why all the images in this thread are so appealing to me. But I enjoy all three of them you've posted -- the top picture and the gif and the two in the vehicle. Thanks, Randy D. I enjoy all of them and they make me smile. :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 29, 2020 2:35 PM MDT
      April 29, 2020 9:09 AM MDT

I enjoyed reading your answer, Merlin. :)

I tuned in to this part, too -- "We had the most perfect excuse for Not paying attention to anxieties in our day-to-day lives. WORK."

Hey, to my credit, I have found I rarely have allowed work to get in the way of my anxieties! Ha! :) :)
    In fact, I sometimes allow nothing to get in the way of anxiety! Ha!
    And if there are no anxieties out there in my life, I've been known to make some up out of the clear air!

Good to see you! :)

And if I fail to find the post again, I appreciated your kind comment to me on CosmicWunderkind's question about people conversing with questions and I had posted a song by the Wonderfully-Perfect-To-Me Johnny Nash.  God, that man can SING!! Such a voice!  :)
      April 29, 2020 8:15 AM MDT