Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Family » Parents, either positively or negatively, what are some ways your child/child adopted your character traits, personality, habits, etc.?

Parents, either positively or negatively, what are some ways your child/child adopted your character traits, personality, habits, etc.?

My eldest is gregarious and extroverted, procrastinates somewhat (meaning less than I do), loves to travel all over the world.
My youngest is a word nerd and is bilingual (although English and Japanese as opposed to my trilingualism). 

~

Posted - April 30, 2020

Responses

My younger two are also word nerds. My daughter (6th grade) tested at a university level for writing this year. My son (3rd grade) is reading at a high school level. Both are gifted storytellers. My oldest developed the same personality type as me (INFJ), which apparently only 1% of the population has. All three are independent thinkers and, for better or worse, argue like me too. 
      April 30, 2020 11:46 AM MDT

You know I had to go and look that up, right?  Grrrrrrrrrr. 

~
      April 30, 2020 1:18 PM MDT

Interesting. I hadn't seen that one before. It seems accurate in many ways. Not so in others. 
      April 30, 2020 4:19 PM MDT

I get most of my personality from my mother. I share her sense of humour... and her sensitivity..  I get my intelligence from her too. 

My older son shares my love of books, words and academic study
    My middle son shares my sense of humour and fun
    My daughter's a brat! Crabby and stubborn.. like her dad :P
      April 30, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

Sure, blame the guy!

April 30, 2020 1:13 PM MDT

Yep!! But seriously they are so alike and really don't get on! Whereas my most difficult relationship is with my older son.. 
      April 30, 2020 1:43 PM MDT

Once again:

Sure, blame the guy!

April 30, 2020 12:13 PM PDT 

(I’m beginning to see a pattern here.)

Reported. 
    ~
      April 30, 2020 3:09 PM MDT

My older son is the male version of me at that age. But he more outgoing. 

My younger son is very hard headed, a good saver and a very picky eater. Gets quiet when mad. All just like me. 

My daughter is a pretty even mix of myself and my husband. She truly took the best of each of us. 
      May 2, 2020 4:41 PM MDT