Active Now

DannyPetti
Element 99
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Diet and Fitness » Are you on a special diet right now? If so, why? How long to do you expect it to last?

Are you on a special diet right now? If so, why? How long to do you expect it to last?

Posted - June 30, 2016

Responses

• Not special in any way, just the normal stuff for type 1 diabetes.  Meat.  Veg.  Carbs.  Weed (my own addition, I'll admit).  Limited alcohol.  Limited dairy.  Very limited sugar except in an emergency..  No sweetened breads or pastries, no added sugar, no dried fruit, and a long list of advisories. 

So far it's lasted just over 35 years.  With a bit of luck it will last another 35.  :)

July 6, 2016 5:17 PM MDT

I lost a very good friend to complications related to diabetes, so I'm glad your diet is helping you manage your condition. May it continue to do so.

July 6, 2016 6:46 PM MDT

• Sorry about your friend OS, it's always hard when someone close to us is suddenly gone and it can be a bugger of a disease to manage, whichever type one has.  I was in a similar boat almost 5 years ago when my immune system made a second concerted effort to kill me.  I wonder if it was something I said?  :)

July 7, 2016 4:54 AM MDT

No special diet, instead I am naturally inclined to eat things that I like and they tend to be better choices given all my options.

July 17, 2016 10:26 AM MDT