Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Family » This is out of the blue but feeling a need to bring this mindless thought to you... How does family dictate your fashion?

This is out of the blue but feeling a need to bring this mindless thought to you... How does family dictate your fashion?

Posted - May 5, 2020

Responses

That doesn't seem like a mindless thought to me!! It seems a mindful thought!  I think perhaps family dictate my non-fashion in that mostly I wear practical things.
      May 5, 2020 1:08 PM MDT

Thank you Adaydreambeliever~ Right now, especially, I appreciate that!
    I asked because we were (at the time, getting ready to go to Don's jobsite.  The Owner was going to be there and I had yet to meet her.  For these occasions I normally dress in khaki shorts, a clean-cut but feminine top, belt, hair tossed, lipstick,and sandals or little tennies.  Underwear and bra, of course... winks and smiles!
    But, for some reason, today, I couldn't put it together.
    In my frustration, a thought entered my brain.
    "What would Mom wear?"
    Then I remembered, I dress a lot like mom.  My sister doesn't but I do.  Isn't that odd?
    I did end up finding a nice pair of jean shorts, sandals, lipstick, a hair tie, and a nice sporty but feminine shirt, in case you were wondering..
    Big Smiles and giggles!
    Sending Happy and Healthy and Safe Thoughts, Always!
    Say Hi to your kitties, too!
    :) :)

May 5, 2020 7:50 PM MDT

They insist I have to put pants on. I don’t know though, it is my house after all...
      May 5, 2020 2:08 PM MDT

My family doesn't dictate my fashion, rather they "share" theirs with me - whether I like it or not.  (personally, I call it shedding).
      May 5, 2020 5:58 PM MDT

Since I was 18, I worked in 'shop' environments.  So I always wear dark blue 'Dickies' brand trousers and matching shirt, just like all the old men wear. This clothing is super tough and tear resistant. My old buddy, Paul Kistler, known for his championship sprint car engine building, wears the same.  
      May 5, 2020 7:24 PM MDT

Occasionally, my wife suggests what color shirt I should wear.
      May 5, 2020 7:29 PM MDT

• They don't. My parents have never really cared what I wear. 
      May 5, 2020 11:34 PM MDT