Active Now

Randy D
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Spunky
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » "This is going to go away WITHOUT a vaccine. At some point it will go away BY ITSELF". Science based or out of his A**?

"This is going to go away WITHOUT a vaccine. At some point it will go away BY ITSELF". Science based or out of his A**?

That's what da big cheese said. He did.

Posted - May 9, 2020

Responses

I guess it would go away eventually, once we have herd immunity. but not for a long while, and in the meantime many many thousands will lose their life 
      May 9, 2020 1:25 PM MDT

Problem is like the flu it keeps changing which is why every year the scientists keep trying get ahead of whatever particular strain it has morphed into to control. They are always behind.. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      May 10, 2020 1:22 AM MDT

It will never "go away".  That's not how viruses work.  IF no vaccine is found, they had better hope that one can't re-catch this thing further on down the line (they don't know if immunity from it lasts forever).  Since most viruses change, this thing could come back as another strain. 
      May 9, 2020 2:38 PM MDT

Like the Flu which keeps morphing into a different strain it will keep changing. Which is why they invent different formulas to fight whatever variety of flu we get each year. It is never the same. Of course the massive brilliance and scientific background of da big cheese speaks for itself. I dare challenge him. I don't know any better! Thank you for your reply Shuhak! :)
      May 10, 2020 1:24 AM MDT

The original SARS (SARS-CoV) virus did go away without a vaccine.  This virus is SARS-CoV-2.    (SARS-2)

We have not reason not to believe it will not go the same way as the original without a vaccine. This 2nd one is already a weaker version of the first one. 
      May 9, 2020 2:48 PM MDT

I've read that it's not in any virus interest to kill all of its hosts...if it kills to many to begin with,it will eventually kill if it's own food supply....It will in time mutate to something far less harmful to save its sekf from self extinction...
    As all living things evolve...if any life form becomes to destructive ....nature will eventually step in and sort things out...
      May 9, 2020 4:58 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply D and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      May 10, 2020 1:24 AM MDT