Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » With helpful constructive criticism from Noam Chomsky, Barack Obama et al -you think might help Mr Trump improve his leadership next term?

With helpful constructive criticism from Noam Chomsky, Barack Obama et al -you think might help Mr Trump improve his leadership next term?

Posted - May 10, 2020

Responses

I don't think he'll make it back to another term.

Although his heartland will stick with him, the swinging voter who voted for him last time won't this time.

It seems the swings against him in the COVID hotspots are the biggest.

I would love it if Chomsky had that much influence, but unfortunately I think it's only the free thinkers who think about his latest thoughts.
      May 10, 2020 11:08 PM MDT

I kinda think Trump's next term is in doubt all right. 

Chomsky begins by calling Trump and his Republican allies 'criminally insane'

Barack says Trump's handling of the pandemic a 'chaotic disaster'
      May 10, 2020 11:18 PM MDT

I agree with both Chompsky and Barack.

Personal politics aside, a pandemic needs the guidance of epidemiologists and sociologists to work out appropriate laws and guidelines.
    It needs macro-accountants to assist with the logistics of ordering supplies, and working out how to manage the debts and economic fallout.
    A sane leader is realistic about what he or she doesn't know and calls on experts to find the best solutions. This post was edited by inky at May 12, 2020 4:24 AM MDT
      May 11, 2020 6:28 PM MDT

Since when has Mr Trump ever responded positively to criticism? Of any type?
    No, anyone expressing dissent to the Pres is immediately on his enemies list, is human scum, and tells the worst lies in the history of mankind. The man needs enemies to project his own failings upon. 

I am not convinced he will remain for another term. He hasn’t shown much grasp of what leadership is, and enemies are in the majority now. 

This post was edited by Don Barzini at May 11, 2020 6:33 PM MDT
      May 11, 2020 5:04 AM MDT

May 11, 2020 7:11 AM MDT

I believe some of the people in the Whitehouse might be playing strategies exactly like this,
    and such tactics couldn't work with someone who has sharp eyesight.
      May 11, 2020 6:32 PM MDT

I would offer Trump some constructive criticism of my own: Stay tf off of Twitter
      May 11, 2020 8:32 AM MDT

He shoots himself in the foot so frequently it's a wonder he still has feet.
      May 11, 2020 6:33 PM MDT

They aren’t too hard to locate as he typically has one or both in his mouth. 
      May 11, 2020 7:47 PM MDT

Nope, not a chance. He is incapable of learning.
      May 11, 2020 1:46 PM MDT