Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » I have a 2007 Audi that is amazing. I would like another car. What do you think about using carvana, the vendor machine idea for cars?

I have a 2007 Audi that is amazing. I would like another car. What do you think about using carvana, the vendor machine idea for cars?

Posted - May 24, 2020

Responses

*PHEW*
    I sigh of relief.  
    This is what I would be hoping for.
    It IS A LOT of money and a gamble.
    One I'm not sure I am mature enough to handle.
    The Gambler song comes to mind.
    I'm not confident enough on anothers perception of my desires to handle such a large expense.
    Maybe I should just let go and be good with it.
    The sad but true fact is, even if you do have and pay for a performance car...
    the speed limit is still going to be the same.  The cops are still going to do their jobs, (thank goodness they do,) and you are still going to be behind someone who is dictating what speed you are going.
    The joys of L.A.
    Thanks Don.
    I truly appreciate your calmness and logic behind this dilemma.
    :) :)
      May 25, 2020 11:42 AM MDT

One in the same...
    Wanna go for a ride???

Big Giggles!
    Let your hair down!
    Let's GO!!!!!!
    :D! :D!
      May 25, 2020 11:11 AM MDT

I bought a car through Carvana in March. Ask me for my referral code if you decide to shop. lol

In all seriousness, I hate the stress of shopping. I hate dealing with people. I hate negotiating. I had a group of cars I was willing to consider and found one at a reasonable rate through them. They also took care of the financing and I got a really great deal there. In terms of not driving it in advance... sure. That's the risky part. But, you have a week to return it for any reason you wish. 

In my case, I had them deliver the car to my house and they had me test drive it before they left. The drive was wonderful and I took it to the mechanic within a day or two for a check. Everything was fine. So, I feel good about the whole thing. I knew what I was getting in advance because I researched the vehicle- it was more a matter of confirming that this one was in good condition. 

And, for those who were following my van saga... my van just kind of blew up on me while I was driving one day. There was literally a loud boom and then smoke or steam began pouring out the hood. The last time I priced it, it was valued at like $300. It was not worth repairing at all. So, when it bit it, it didn't matter what was wrong. It was getting replaced regardless. I had hoped to get more time out of it but it did ok. 
      May 25, 2020 11:43 PM MDT

Wait, I don’t understand: if you don’t like dealing with people, how will it ever work between you and I?  Grrrrrrr. 

~

May 26, 2020 12:26 AM MDT

The same way it always works out. Do you want to go back to the basement on your own or should I help you get there? This post was edited by Just Asking at May 26, 2020 3:23 AM MDT
      May 26, 2020 12:33 AM MDT

Ok, ok, I’ll stay upstairs with you and keep getting treated like nothing more than a piece of meat, even though I don’t like it.  Wait a minute, yes I do!
    ~

May 26, 2020 12:47 AM MDT