Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Every posted video on the site is currently "unavailable" to me when I click them and they won't play. Are they playing for you?

Every posted video on the site is currently "unavailable" to me when I click them and they won't play. Are they playing for you?

EDIT:

When using "Google" browser, the videos would not play. 

I then tried Firefox, and all the videos played

That's never happened to me as far as Google and posted videos on this site. Oh, well. I'll go to Firefox, I guess, when I need to watch and / or post videos -- heck, that's all I do, though, on answerMug -- post videos! Ha!

Posted - May 28, 2020

Responses

Try clearing your cache (ctrl + F4).  I had the same problem, but once I cleared my cache everything was ok.
      May 28, 2020 10:49 PM MDT

Thanks for helping, Shuhak. :)

How, exactly, do you clear the cache? Holding down both of those buttons at the same time? Or one, then the other? or some other way?
    I tried a variety of ways but the videos are still not playing.

May 28, 2020 11:03 PM MDT

Yes, both at the same time (ctrl + F4).
      May 29, 2020 9:24 AM MDT

Yeah, that was one of the I did it that way a couple of times last night but it didn't seem help the videos. But maybe I had done something else unknowingly somehow and, then, after having shut the computer down overnight, maybe things got set back to the usual setting or something.

(You can tell I'm not computer savvy at all, my not knowing for sure how to interpret the  "+" sign  in your original answer, ha!)

:)
      May 29, 2020 9:49 AM MDT

For whatever reason, at this point today, all the videos are playing and I successfully posted one, too. :)
    Thanks, again!
      May 29, 2020 8:36 AM MDT

You’d best not look out of your windows right now: the street is full of black SUVs with heavily tinted windows and no license plates front or back, and there are black helicopters circling overhead . . . 

May 29, 2020 6:25 AM MDT

Maybe not quite that far in this case -- but, yeah - - my mind, at times, can very quickly and creatively jump to illogical places. Ha!  :)

It all worked out - - videos are playing again and I even successfully posted one. :)

Hey - - maybe those four paratroopers can stop on in anyway? I'm sure I'd find them hot. 
      May 29, 2020 8:35 AM MDT

I’ll see if they’re available for you . . .

~

May 29, 2020 8:51 AM MDT

Ha!
    And - - dam*, yup -- right after posting what I did about the paratroopers - - I, too, thought the same thing  - - they very well could be female! Ha!
      May 29, 2020 9:44 AM MDT

More for me!

May 29, 2020 11:26 PM MDT

No but the video you posted the other day (R.E.M.) wouldn't let me play it on the site and gave me the same error. I had to go to YouTube to watch it. It's the only one doing that for me.
      May 29, 2020 6:39 PM MDT

Yeah, that one doesn't play for me, either. :)

Today, all the videos on answerMug are playing as usual. I don't know what I might have done yesterday but after having the computer off overnight, this morning, ll worked again.
      May 29, 2020 7:00 PM MDT

havent tried them yet
      June 22, 2020 3:52 PM MDT