Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Home and Garden » Anything exciting in your garden today?

Anything exciting in your garden today?

I just noticed that my potatoe plants are starting  to flower so that means I could be eating fresh potatoes in 21 days. Usally  my potatoes are not ready untill  early  August so I must of done something special this year. Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - June 6, 2020

Responses

Not in my garden but I found this left for me on my front porch just A few minutes ago. I’ll probably kill them -_- 

June 6, 2020 8:26 AM MDT

I'm jealous nobody ever sends me flowers. Cheers and  happy weekend!
      June 6, 2020 8:33 AM MDT

I think it’s a plant after I open it, but I’m not sure Cos I know nothing about that stuff lol. It’s pretty though, whatever it is :) 

June 6, 2020 8:35 AM MDT

I’m lucky to still have a garden.  I planted an entire packet of corn seed in late May, but only 1 plant emerged (that should have told me something).   Then last Saturday it was pelted with quarter-sized hail (extremely rare in this part of the country).   The hail shredded a few bell pepper and tomato plants before I could get them covered (there’s barely any light out and I’m out running all over the yard trying to find anything to cover plants with (garbage cans, old totes ,flower pots) - in stinging hail, while lightning bolts are crashing down around me).  My grapevine looked like Swiss cheese.  Then it cleared off and got warm so I had to uncover everything (lest it cook), only to have torrential rain in the early evening (falling at a rate of 5.25”/hr).   I lost 2 of my cucumber hills. 

June 6, 2020 11:21 AM MDT

Curious if the corn you planted was what they call Roundup ready seeds - if so that could of been the problem. Over the years some vegetables  have become dependent on Roundup and if there is no traces of it in your soil the seeds don't do well. Hail is a big problum for me I have lost a lot of plants because of it. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 6, 2020 11:55 AM MDT

No, it was ordinary yellow corn seed (organic).  Not my usual seed, but it was all they had due to a run on seed (this year everyone’s a farmer – the feed stores even had a run on baby chicks earlier this year). 

I always garden organically. 

I’ve lived here all my life and I never seen hail that size before.   I’ve seen dime-sized hail here a couple of times, but never quarter-sized hail.   

June 6, 2020 2:26 PM MDT

It's too hot to be outside.
      June 6, 2020 12:08 PM MDT

no, i dont have a garden
      June 13, 2020 4:46 PM MDT