Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Trump vs Clinton holding the bible?---Clinton looked perfectly comfortable; Trump seemed afraid it would burn his hands.

Trump vs Clinton holding the bible?---Clinton looked perfectly comfortable; Trump seemed afraid it would burn his hands.

Posted - June 10, 2020

Responses

I thought he looked confused..."What is this? What do I do with it?"
      June 10, 2020 4:26 PM MDT

He certainly evidence no familiarity with it.
      June 19, 2020 3:37 PM MDT

Probably a Masonic Bible, Trump doesn't look like his ever read a book, let alone a bible. This post was edited by kjames at June 19, 2020 3:37 PM MDT
      June 10, 2020 4:35 PM MDT

I wish he had lived long enough to tear trump a new a**hole.
      June 18, 2020 8:21 PM MDT

Definitely
      June 19, 2020 3:58 PM MDT

And thanks for the videos---I hadn't seen either.
      June 19, 2020 3:45 PM MDT

Great videos--thanks
      June 19, 2020 3:57 PM MDT

They don't make them like they use to, you won't get people like that again.
      June 20, 2020 11:45 AM MDT

i dont think he was afraid to hold it
      June 13, 2020 2:44 PM MDT

I've asked this several times but what translation of the Bible have you read?

In several threads over the years you have pronounced yourself as being very knowledgeable of the scriptures and how I have no understanding yet you never stick around for a discussion about the scriptures. Just a few pronouncements of your superior knowledge and my lack thereof and poof, your gone.

When was it that the Catholic Church started allowing common Catholics to read the Bible? When did they stop burning people at the stake for translating the Bible in to the common languages?
      June 18, 2020 3:42 PM MDT

For the same reason why I would never discuss what it is like to be a man with a transgender woman---you and I are definitely not on the same page about the subject or its meanings.

Reading he bible and interpreting it without the active assistance of the Holy Spirit, the third person of the holy trinity---and so much more than a "force" is a non-starter.

While I occasionally do apologetics, I am convinced it would be waste of my time (theology and philosophy require more acquaintance with those disciplines that you have previously demonstrated), and a disservice to various others that would expect that I while I would respect your opinions, I would give no credence to your assertions vs mine.

June 18, 2020 4:21 PM MDT

I sure am glad that Jesus wasn't like you. "I just know things that you would not understand so I am keeping it to myself". "Your Bible is wrong but I will not share with you what is true."

(Matthew 5:14-16) “You are the light of the world. A city cannot be hid when located on a mountain. 15 People light a lamp and set it, not under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it shines on all those in the house. 16 Likewise, let your light shine before men, so that they may see your fine works and give glory to your Father who is in the heavens.
    (Romans 10:9-15) For if you publicly declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and exercise faith in your heart that God raised him up from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For with the heart one exercises faith for righteousness, but with the mouth one makes public declaration for salvation. 11 For the scripture says: “No one who rests his faith on him will be disappointed.” 12 For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek. There is the same Lord over all, who is rich toward all those calling on him. 13 For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him if they have not put faith in him? How, in turn, will they put faith in him about whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent out? Just as it is written: “How beautiful are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”
      June 18, 2020 5:25 PM MDT

I'm just reminding you of what Jesus said:

To wit:  You shall indeed hear but never understand, and you shall indeed see but never perceive. For this people's heart has grown dull, and their ears are heavy of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should perceive with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and turn for me to heal them. (Isaiah 6:9-10)

As I've said before, some bible beliefs have to be wrong---and I personally think a useful list of those beliefs can be found in JW associated publications.
      June 19, 2020 3:56 PM MDT

So do you think that God's spirit could be equivalent to God's finger?
    (Matthew 12:28) But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you.

Can the spirit of God be likened to a force like a mighty wind?
    Genesis 1:2 (KJV) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
      June 18, 2020 5:48 PM MDT

When?---

Way before the JW's existed apparently:

Jehovah's Witnesses originated as a branch of the Bible Student movement, which developed in the United States in the 1870s among followers of Christian Restorationist minister Charles Taze Russell. Bible Student missionaries were sent to England in 1881 and the first overseas branch was opened in London in 1900.
      June 19, 2020 3:48 PM MDT

Tom, why not try reading the Bible?
    I am sure that this is the first time you have seen these verses. You will not find them in your catechisms. Catechisms are not the scriptures. And now you know that. You're welcome.

The Illustration of Wheat and Weeds and the conclusion of the system of things given by Jesus at Matthew 13:24-30,36-43.showed that there was going to be an apostasy until the time of the end. The thought that some have held to the true teachings of the Bible from the time of the apostles is not supported by scripture.

(Acts 20:29-30) I know that after my going away oppressive wolves will enter in among YOU and will not treat the flock with tenderness, 30 and from among YOU yourselves men will rise and speak twisted things to draw away the disciples after themselves.

(2 Thessalonians 2:3-7) Let no one seduce YOU in any manner, because it will not come unless the apostasy comes first and the man of lawlessness gets revealed, the son of destruction. 4 He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god. 5 Do YOU not remember that, while I was yet with YOU, I used to tell YOU these things? 6 And so now YOU know the thing that acts as a restraint, with a view to his being revealed in his own due time. 7 True, the mystery of this lawlessness is already at work; but only till he who is right now acting as a restraint gets to be out of the way.
    (1 Timothy 4:1-3) However, the inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons, 2 by the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, marked in their conscience as with a branding iron; 3 forbidding to marry, commanding to abstain from foods which God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth.
    (2 Timothy 4:3-4) For there will be a period of time when they will not put up with the healthful teaching, but, in accord with their own desires, they will accumulate teachers for themselves to have their ears tickled; 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, whereas they will be turned aside to false stories.

Knowledge abundant in the time of the end.
    (Daniel 12:3-4) “And the ones having insight will shine like the brightness of the expanse; and those who are bringing the many to righteousness, like the stars to time indefinite, even forever. 4 “And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.”
    (Daniel 12:9-10) And he went on to say: “Go, Daniel, because the words are made secret and sealed up until the time of [the] end. 10 Many will cleanse themselves and whiten themselves and will be refined. And the wicked ones will certainly act wickedly, and no wicked ones at all will understand; but the ones having insight will understand.
    (Daniel 8:17) So he came beside where I was standing, but when he came I got terrified so that I fell upon my face. And he proceeded to say to me: “Understand, O son of man, that the vision is for the time of [the] end.”

(Revelation 1:1-3) A revelation by Jesus Christ, which God gave him, to show his slaves the things that must shortly take place. And he sent forth his angel and presented [it] in signs through him to his slave John, 2 who bore witness to the word God gave and to the witness Jesus Christ gave, even to all the things he saw. 3 Happy is he who reads aloud and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and who observe the things written in it; for the appointed time is near.
    (Revelation 22:10) He also tells me: Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this scroll, for the appointed time is near.
    (Matthew 24:14) And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.
    (Romans 10:18) Nevertheless I ask, They did not fail to hear, did they? Why, in fact, into all the earth their sound went out, and to the extremities of the inhabited earth their utterances.

(Isaiah 43:10) “You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah, “Yes, my servant whom I have chosen, So that you may know and have faith in me And understand that I am the same One. Before me no God was formed, And after me there has been none.
    (Acts 15:14-17) Symʹe·on has related thoroughly how God for the first time turned his attention to the nations to take out of them a people for his name. 15 And with this the words of the Prophets agree, just as it is written: 16 ‘After these things I will return and raise up again the tent of David that is fallen down; I will rebuild its ruins and restore it, 17 so that the men who remain may earnestly seek Jehovah, together with people of all the nations, people who are called by my name, says Jehovah, who is doing these things,

June 19, 2020 6:15 PM MDT

Wow---so much supposed insight into the bible; but no awareness that another front door has been closed.
      June 22, 2020 12:07 PM MDT

Yeah I know, I'm a glutton for punishment. You make many taunts and judgements but when the scriptures are presented, you shut the door.
      June 22, 2020 12:16 PM MDT

Well, it's the general experience of JW's and they expect it and glory in it---and makes them feel "in the know" and superior to those of us who have been previously been exposed to the JW's proselytizing know that shutting the door is the best course of action.

Hey, if it pleases you to think of me in that way, feel free to use me thusly.

June 22, 2020 12:23 PM MDT

Since the door is still open, please tell my why your Church forbids Priest from marrying?

(1 Timothy 4:1-3) However, the inspired word clearly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired statements and teachings of demons, 2 by means of the hypocrisy of men who speak lies, whose conscience is seared as with a branding iron. 3 They forbid marriage and command people to abstain from foods that God created to be partaken of with thanksgiving by those who have faith and accurately know the truth.

Why do they use religious titles? (Matthew 23:1-13)
      June 22, 2020 5:41 PM MDT