Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Are we living in the end times?

Are we living in the end times?

Posted - June 17, 2020

Responses

Why don't you just answer my question? What does all that stuff mean? Capital punishment? For what crimes?
      June 18, 2020 5:59 PM MDT

There should be 39 books of the Hebrew scriptures in your synagogue, 66 if you use the whole Bible that can tell you somethings like Murder, rape, hatred, and many other kinds of things are wrong. God is the judge, not any man.
    Maybe you look at TV and see the good ship lollipop and everything is Hunky-dory. Maybe you don't see injustice or hatred or perhaps you nor any of your relatives have ever been victims of injustice or atrocities? Maybe you don't have empathy for those that have, I don't know why you don't understand that this world has wickedness. I live in reality.
      June 18, 2020 6:10 PM MDT

I'm not concerned with books. If you're so convinced that all this is true, why can't you answer my practical questions and offer details?
      June 18, 2020 6:15 PM MDT

I feel I did. How long have you been going to a synagogue? If you have never understood the sense of the scriptures available there, no thread is long enough to show you anything.

Murder, rape, hatred, injustice, prejudice, and many other kinds of things are wrong. God is the judge, not any man.

Not sure what question I did not answer, I surely did not say the earth would be destroyed as you erroneously concluded earlier.

Are you questioning what death is?
    (Romans 6:23) For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord.

(Ecclesiastes 9:5) For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
    (Ecclesiastes 9:10) Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.
    (Psalm 146:3, 4) Do not put your trust in princes Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.  4 His spirit goes out, he returns to the ground; On that very day his thoughts perish.

Is that enough or do you want me to be more "long-winded than 'my' usual offerings"?
      June 18, 2020 7:34 PM MDT

All you do is answer questions about biblical passages by citing more biblical passages. That's known as circular logic and doesn't provide any concrete answers. Tell me in plain English, without using the bible as a crutch, what "the wicked will be separated from the earth" actually means. I bet you can't do that.
      June 18, 2020 8:05 PM MDT

The wicked are humans, are we clear on that?
    Humans live on the earth, are we clear on that?
    Dogs live on the earth, are we clear on that?
    If they are not on earth, they are not living, are we clear on that?

Can you answer a simple question? Does anyone in your synagogue have a copy of the Hebrew scriptures?

Have you never seen these verses before?
    (Psalm 37:9-11) For evil men will be done away with, But those hoping in Jehovah will possess the earth. 10 Just a little while longer, and the wicked will be no more; You will look at where they were, And they will not be there. 11 But the meek will possess the earth, And they will find exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.
    (Proverbs 2:21, 22) For only the upright will reside in the earth, And the blameless will remain in it. 22 As for the wicked, they will be cut off from the earth, And the treacherous will be torn away from it.

Is there not anyone in your synagogue that can explain what these simple verses mean? Is it really that hard for you to comprehend the meaning?
      June 18, 2020 8:33 PM MDT

Why can you not answer without quoting and citing more scripture? How lame.
      June 18, 2020 8:55 PM MDT

You may consider the fact that I use the Bible to answer Bible questions asked under the religion section, I consider that a little odd.
    I know you said that you are "not concerned with books". I myself find reading to be informative.
    Since you do not know what 'wicked' or to be 'cut off' means, can I use a dictionary?

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/wicked

characterized by injustice or wickedness; wicked; sinful.

If you do not understand that, am I allowed to give an example?

The holocaust in which some 6,000,000 Jews as well as many others were tortured and/or murdered was wicked.
    If you do not understand that that was wicked, I really don't know how to tell you what wicked means.

What does being cut off mean?
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cutoff
    cut off verb
    cut off; cutting off; cuts off

Definition of cut off (Entry 2 of 2)

transitive verb
    1 : to bring to an untimely end

June 19, 2020 3:23 AM MDT

But what does it mean PRACTICALLY, in PLAIN ENGLISH? First, what SPECIFICALLY - capital punishment, death, exile, or what? In real terms and not in vague biblical allegory? Second, FOR WHAT ACTS/CRIMES? Third, WHO DECIDES where to draw the line and WHO QUALIFIES as evil/wicked? Some jury or tribunal? I find it more than a little odd that you don't know what I mean and lack the ability to express yourself in your own words instead of hiding behind the vague, long-winded, and often boring verbiage of the bible. This post was edited by Stu Spelling Bee at June 19, 2020 4:32 AM MDT
      June 19, 2020 4:31 AM MDT

The wicked will die....both phyically and spiritually.  The Bible does not specifically tell us how the wicked will die physically. 
    God the Father is the judge. He knows what/why we do what we have done. Only He knows our heart. And He will decide if we can be remain and not ruin paradise. 

June 19, 2020 5:13 AM MDT

But why can't anyone put this in specific, practical terms?
      June 19, 2020 5:24 AM MDT

Because the Bible is not specifc on how the wicked will die physically. To give you something specific would just be something we made up. 

Spiritual death is from the Lake of Fire.  It will kill the soul. 

The Bible tells us actions that are considered wicked. You would have to read it yourself.  As you have said, you will not read the boring Bible scriptures posted here. 
      June 19, 2020 5:42 AM MDT

July like we have been for the last +/- 2000 years---I wonder how long they'll last.
      June 18, 2020 3:02 PM MDT

Please tell me how 2 Tim 3:1-5; Matthew 24; Luke 21; Mark 13; 2 Pet 3; 1 Thess 5; several chapters in Revelation are somehow to be understood as covering a 2,000 year period? Is that a Catholic teaching?
    Oh yes, that reminds me of a question you posted...
      June 18, 2020 3:37 PM MDT

Didn't notice the +/- qualifier, huh, Tex. 

No, not a Catholic teaching---just my response based on the fact that not everybody agrees on what this question is actually asking.

But the third person of the Holy Trinity---the Holy Spirit---to whom the JW's deny personhood and Trinitarian existence and relegate to no more than a non triune God's active Force---has guided me to recognize the multiple errors (the person vs active force issue as one of the most egregious) taught by your organization.

Interesting, my Catholic philosophy and theology easily accommodates the JW's existence---I wonder why your organization is so set against my being Catholic.

June 18, 2020 4:05 PM MDT

When did your Church get so tolerant?
    Your Church tolerates other religions existence because it can no longer get away with the slaughter of innocent people.
    https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/article/jehovahs-witnesses-in-germany-from-the-1890s-to-the-1930s

So do you think that God's spirit could be equivalent to God's finger?
    (Matthew 12:28) But if it is by means of God’s spirit that I expel the demons, the Kingdom of God has really overtaken you.

Can the spirit of God be likened to a force like a mighty wind?
    Genesis 1:2 (KJV) And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
      June 18, 2020 6:00 PM MDT

So God has a finger?

Never hear a JW suggest that before---but that's why I am convinced (as I realized 50 years ago) that the JW's have nothing to offer me.

About that long ago I turned the JW's over to the Good Shepard---supposedly He knows His, and they know Him.

Apparently, His being recognized is a crucial requirement for salvation. 

Rûaħ---Sure that's why we call the second person of the trinity, "Holy Spirit."

June 19, 2020 3:35 PM MDT

Quote: "So God has a finger?

Never hear a JW suggest that before---but that's why I am convinced (as I realized 50 years ago) that the JW's have nothing to offer me."

Luke 11:20 But if it is by the finger of God that drive out demons, then the kingdom of God has come upon you.

Genesis 1:2 and the earth was without form or shape, with darkness over the abyss and a mighty wind sweeping over the waters

Come on Tom, at least try reading the Bible before criticizing others for holding one as if you have.
      June 19, 2020 6:08 PM MDT

we might be
      June 20, 2020 3:56 PM MDT

The last days of innocence 
      June 20, 2020 4:07 PM MDT