Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Questions primarily for those of Jewish decent. Do you believe the Jews were ever in Egypt as stated in the Bible? Passover?

Questions primarily for those of Jewish decent. Do you believe the Jews were ever in Egypt as stated in the Bible? Passover?

Ancient Egyptian Relief Corroborates a Bible Account:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/history/egyptian-relief-corroborates-bible/
n

A Book You Can Trust—Part 1
Egypt in Bible History:

Posted - June 20, 2020

Responses

Of course we were. It's right next door to Israel. You don't need to be Jewish to answer that question or to eat matzah!
      June 20, 2020 5:43 AM MDT

Think a little deeper, "in Egypt as stated in the Bible? Passover?"

I know that you hate the writings of your ancestors but...
    Egyptian slavery...
    (Exodus 1:8-14) In time there arose over Egypt a new king, one who did not know Joseph. 9 So he said to his people: “Look! The people of Israel are more numerous and mightier than we are. 10 Let us deal shrewdly with them. Otherwise, they will continue to multiply, and if a war breaks out, they will join our enemies and fight against us and leave the country.”
    11 So they appointed chiefs of forced labor over them to oppress them with hard labor, and they built storage cities for Pharʹaoh, namely, Piʹthom and Ra·amʹses. 12 But the more they would oppress them, the more they would multiply and the more they kept spreading out, so they felt sick with fear because of the Israelites. 13 Consequently, the Egyptians forced the Israelites into harsh slavery. 14 They made their life bitter with hard labor, as they worked with clay mortar and bricks and in every form of slavery in the field. Yes, they made them toil in harsh conditions in every form of slavery.

(Exodus 12:24-28) “You must observe this event as a lasting regulation for you and your sons. 25 And when you come into the land that Jehovah will give you just as he has stated, you must keep this observance. 26 And when your sons ask you, ‘What does this observance mean to you?’ 27 you must say, ‘It is the sacrifice of the Passover to Jehovah, who passed over the houses of the Israelites in Egypt when he plagued the Egyptians, but he spared our houses.’” Then the people bowed low and prostrated themselves. 28 So the Israelites went and did just as Jehovah had commanded Moses and Aaron. They did just so.
      June 20, 2020 6:02 AM MDT

if it was in the bible then it is true
      June 20, 2020 3:34 PM MDT

I'm not of Jewish descent but yes, I believe that the Jewish people were in Egypt as stated in the Bible.
      June 23, 2020 5:40 AM MDT