Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Does a celebrity's politics affect in any way how you value the work they do? Is that the most important thing to you?

Does a celebrity's politics affect in any way how you value the work they do? Is that the most important thing to you?

Posted - June 21, 2020

Responses

Does a celebrity's politics affect, in any way, how I value the work they do? Not at all. To be frank, a celebrity sharing their political opinion has no influence on me in any way, shape, or form. Why? Let's face it, many celebrities have come to believe that they have somehow attained a special stature or special relevance, simply because of what they do for a living. What's especially annoying is that they use their platform and fan base to lecture anyone and everyone on why they "know" their opinion is the morally correct one. When they do get backlash, they call it abuse.
      June 21, 2020 5:01 AM MDT

It sounds like you dislike it when they show themselves self-important or sanctimonious. I agree, but doesn't that then mean they do have some influence on you? -- That you'll look at them and their work differently once something like it happens?
      June 21, 2020 5:09 AM MDT

:):):)
      June 21, 2020 10:46 AM MDT

I don't pay much attention to "celebrities" and their opinions.  They are entitled to theirs as much as I'm entitled to mine.  The difference between us is that they have a public platform and I don't.  
      June 21, 2020 5:40 AM MDT

Precisely. Just because they are celebrities they do not abrogate their right to an opinion nor in stating it. But the Republicans get all hot and bothered when a Hollywood celebrity has an opinion and a brain and is articulate. Cannot have that. Will not tolerate that. FIE on them! Sheesh. They're just jealous they aren't ever wanted in Hollywood. If the trump could be he would be and he is angry at the Hollywood establishment for mocking him and wanting nothing to do with him. His servile adoring worshippers follow suit. They are NOT ALLOWED to have independent thoughts. Thank you for your reply L! :)
      June 21, 2020 10:40 AM MDT