Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » If Sharonna has been banned from the site, can we put together a kind of petition or vote to get the mods to invite her back?

If Sharonna has been banned from the site, can we put together a kind of petition or vote to get the mods to invite her back?

Who's with me? And can JA or someone tell us why she was banned and if such a thing (petition/vote) is acceptable?

Posted - June 23, 2020

Responses

I'm in.

I'm with you.

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at September 4, 2022 9:05 PM MDT
      June 23, 2020 7:35 PM MDT

... This is a first. Ya'll are creating a whole new rulebook.

1) I don't discuss the moderation of members with anyone but that member. That in mind, I could neither tell you if she was removed nor why. The reason for this is to respect that member's privacy and, since 99% of removals are due to violations of the respect guidelines (totally made that stat up, but it could legit be 100% or similar) also out of respect for the person who has already been disrespected. 

2) Assuming some type of vote did take place, it could potentially turn into a feeding frenzy on the member who was removed, resulting in lots of people violating the TOS, which is super no bueno. Or, it could result in a huge rift on the site, with people attacking each other and choosing sides. In-fighting is also super no bueno. 

3) Without being able to tell you why a member was removed, a vote is kind of a moot point. 

4) People don't get removed from the site without a moderator vote as-is. The best way to ensure those votes reflect the tone of the site and the feelings/ values of the members is to have a wider pool of mods. Per the FAQ "Tenured members with accounts in good standing (no suspensions or reprimands) who are interested in volunteering as a site mod may contact Just Asking to inquire about further requirements and present openings." I'm fairly certain it's been years since anyone has inquired. 
      June 23, 2020 7:52 PM MDT

I get it all of that, yes. Makes sense.

My answer was based simply on I just miss her a lot. That's all I know.
    :)

EDIT: Whatever happened, I miss her a lot. And would like to see her again. She is terrifically kind to me.  :)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at June 24, 2020 8:21 AM MDT
      June 23, 2020 7:59 PM MDT

I agree. Thanks for saying that.
      June 23, 2020 8:54 PM MDT

Thank you, Stu Spelling Bee. :)

And thanks for a Pick, too!
    :)
      June 24, 2020 6:36 AM MDT

Thanks for that info and explanation.
      June 23, 2020 8:54 PM MDT

I get that you can’t tell the details, but could you not say whether she is blocked or just suspended? We can easily tell by looking at her profile page that it’s either one of the two. So I don’t understand why it would be an issue to say which one. 
      June 24, 2020 5:29 AM MDT

Yeah, i'm with everyone.
    Let her come back.
    She has been on this site
    probably longer than anyone.
    We miss her...
      June 24, 2020 7:18 AM MDT

Yes, 100%.

PLEASE, JA, if Sharonna was banned, is there a way we can reach her and invite her back?

She enlivened this main board.
    She once declared that she was bipolar which explained the wild fluctuations.

If there was a controversy and some people found Sharonna's anti-Trumpism too much, could Sharonna have a corner like Rosie's?

This post was edited by inky at September 4, 2022 10:03 PM MDT
      June 24, 2020 1:10 PM MDT

Maybe she could be around the corner from Rosie!
      June 24, 2020 4:01 PM MDT

No.  Leave it alone.
      June 24, 2020 8:10 PM MDT