Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Taxpayer funded Gender Reassignment ( Sex change) for US Military personnel ?

Taxpayer funded Gender Reassignment ( Sex change) for US Military personnel ?

And you thought Planned Parenthood getting Government $$$ was controversial !...LOL.

Posted - July 1, 2016

Responses

Hello Chappo:

The military didn't say anything about PAYING for the surgery..  They simple said they would no longer discriminate against them..

excon

July 1, 2016 10:48 AM MDT

Hi there !  Sec of Defense Ash Carter...   "The Pentagon will cover the medical costs of those in uniform who are seeking to undergo a  gender transition, though it would expect new recruits who are transgender to spend at least 18 months in their transitioned gender before joining"

July 1, 2016 10:55 AM MDT

Hello again, Chappo:

Well, there ya go.  I stand corrected.

excon

July 1, 2016 11:00 AM MDT

It's about time and about none of your business either.

July 1, 2016 11:31 AM MDT

Sure, why not?

If, as the AMERICA...F**K YEAH crowd claims, they want the very best for our troops, why is gender reassignment surgery any more controversial than the 5 military golf courses on the island of O'ahu?

Neither form of "therapy" is essential to any military mission. I suspect however much the US military spends on transgender troop issues, it will be dwarfed by the $100 million/year or so it spends on golf courses (worldwide, not just on O'ahu).

Given those basic facts, one suspects any controversy about this will be driven by bigotry, not actual concern for either military readiness or wasting of taxpayer money.

July 1, 2016 11:48 AM MDT

They served their country and earned their medical benefits, who the heck am I to tell them how to use them? I have no problem at all with our troops receiving every ounce of medical care they can get, I only wish their care was better and included more.

July 1, 2016 12:12 PM MDT

Agreed!

Is it not good enough that they risked their lives for a pack of lies, now we're gonna tell them how to continue living? WTH, get outta here with that is all I can say.

July 1, 2016 12:14 PM MDT

• Perhaps they can swap spare parts.

July 1, 2016 12:38 PM MDT

You favor FREE taxpayer funded gender reassignment ? 

July 1, 2016 1:17 PM MDT

You compare Gender Transition to Golf Courses ???  The only correlation there that I can  see is the issue of "balls" ....LOL

July 1, 2016 1:20 PM MDT

@EC36 -- I compare the two only insofar as bigoted f***t...er, certain people will couch their objection to the new policy in terms of "military readiness" and/or "a waste of taxpayer money."

If they wish to openly oppose the policy on the basis of their own bigotry, I welcome them to do so. They will mostly end up looking foolish.

July 1, 2016 1:24 PM MDT

Military Surplus....Very Good !........

July 1, 2016 1:25 PM MDT

Government has been paying for it for federal prisoners for years....I am sure it was also included in Obamacare as well.

July 1, 2016 1:35 PM MDT

No, not taxpayer funded.  Anybody can do whatever in the hell they want to themselves but why should we pay for it?  I vote that I receive taxpayer funded high quality beer for life.  Fair?

July 1, 2016 1:39 PM MDT

• I haven't heard of this at all but it would be no problem if it wasn't taxpayer funded and they did it themselves out of their own cash. I shouldn't have to be a babysitter for a 40 year old man who wants a V and breasts. It seems like everyone is working just to make others happy.

We are trillions in debt and we spend it on unnecessary things.

July 1, 2016 1:47 PM MDT

And thus my thesis above is proven....;-D....

July 1, 2016 2:50 PM MDT

And another Usual Suspect demonstrates laughably predictable behavior.

Please see my answer for an evisceration of your bigotry disguised as fiscal responsibility...;-D...

July 1, 2016 2:52 PM MDT

@C48 --- The expression above begins in "f" and ends in "...tard". I think you can fill in the rest...;-D...

The people for whom this decision is "controversial" are basing it upon their irrational fear/hatred/disgust about LGBT people. Of course, until recently, such bigotry was a longtime tradition in military culture...;-D....

July 1, 2016 2:59 PM MDT

Our British NHS funds gender reassignment, providing they are convinced that the patient has a genuine psychological need, and is not just some sort of cross-dresser hoping for a new thrill. Some people just don't get that gender dysphoria IS a genuine medical condition. They don't get the difference between the true dysphoric and the person who is cross-dressing as a thrill. It is interesting that the Islamic Republic of Iran gets the difference, and in fact, performs more gender reassignment surgery than any other country.
      July 1, 2016 3:51 PM MDT

Planned killing of babies, isn't it amazing how politically correct they make it sound, lol. Just one of 100's of reasons I moved out of country and do not, and will not ever pay another tax dime to the US.

July 1, 2016 7:37 PM MDT

I seem to remember that the Viet Cong had a little land mine that would perform that very procedure in less than a half a second at a cost of about $3. The down side was the loss of one arm too, but sacrifices are sometimes necessary.

July 1, 2016 9:18 PM MDT

You need to actually read the news.

July 1, 2016 10:01 PM MDT

July 1, 2016 10:02 PM MDT

Just use a bayonet. Plenty of those around.

July 1, 2016 10:02 PM MDT