Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Homo saps are disappointing. Homo saps are ALLEGEDLY the most intelligent of the species. What do we do with it?

Homo saps are disappointing. Homo saps are ALLEGEDLY the most intelligent of the species. What do we do with it?

We value things more than we value people
We value making money more than we value making friends
We value competing against one another more than we value workting together for a common goal

We are pitiless worthless selfish greedy

Always were? Or just getting more so?

Posted - July 13, 2020

Responses

"On the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."
    - Douglas Adams, The Hitch-Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy
      July 13, 2020 4:18 AM MDT

I've heard of that book but never read it. A classic methinks. Who says homo saps are the most intelligent? Why it would have to be homo saps themselves. What other species is more arrogant more vocal more certain more speshul? SIGH. Thank you for your reply R. I think it was a book guys read more than gals though I could be wrong about that! :)
      July 13, 2020 6:21 AM MDT