Active Now

WelbyQuentin
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » What has been the worst outcome you’ve ever experienced when you could not remember one of your passwords? ~

What has been the worst outcome you’ve ever experienced when you could not remember one of your passwords? ~

More than a decade ago, I had an email address that I stopped using for a while, and when I finally went back to it, I had forgotten the password. When I had originally set it up, I had not assigned it any secondary email or other feature for retrieving forgotten passwords, so there was no way to get back to it and eventually I had to give up.

Posted - July 14, 2020

Responses

I have a laptop that I used for a few months while I was traveling several years ago.  I haven't touched it since then.  I had put a password on it (which I never do) because of being around my family some of the time while I was touring around the south and east.   I have no idea what the password is so I can't get into the computer.  I need to.  Someone told me to buy a 32gb flash drive and I would be able to get into it.  I bought the flash quite a while ago but haven't found the instructions on how to bypass and reset password.  Does anyone here know how to do it?  I need help.....this tech stuff is not my strong suit.
      July 14, 2020 3:58 PM MDT

I hope you get it worked out. Sorry, I am of no help.
      July 14, 2020 6:23 PM MDT

July 14, 2020 7:19 PM MDT

I lost access to my account on the Hannity forum. Thst was my first account in anything like that. Just before I found Answerbag. 
      July 14, 2020 7:28 PM MDT

(Thst That)

(anything like that, just before I found Answerbag.)
      Instead of beginning a new sentence, this is the second clause of the sentence that was already started. 

July 14, 2020 9:27 PM MDT