Active Now

Slartibartfast
my2cents
Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » If Jesus could perform miricales why didn't he un-crucify himself and turn the Romans into fish?

If Jesus could perform miricales why didn't he un-crucify himself and turn the Romans into fish?

Posted - October 6, 2016

Responses

it was all for us to learn a lesson about our existence,
    it had to be done. He could not because He would not.
    It's the reason He came. His returning in a Spiritual body,
    without his physical body...Awesome.
    Remember Him saying..."What i have done you can do as well and more?"
    I might have messed up His words...sorry.
    ...But He was talking to us, because we all have Spiritual bodies
    and have the same consciousness within our Selves that He said
    was within us and within Him....It's verifiable...LOL
    ...He could've though, you know.
    The Dude had complete understanding of the energy field
    and how to control it as was demonstrated in him 
    reappearing without a physical body huh?

This post was edited by Baba at October 14, 2016 7:54 AM MDT
      October 6, 2016 5:22 PM MDT

He sacrificed Himself for us that we may be saved. If He would have saved Himself we would have no chance at eternal life.
      October 6, 2016 5:29 PM MDT

• But what the hell is that even supposed to mean?
    I went to years of bible based school and not once could anyone even give two words on what this he died for our sins thing is supposed to mean. 
      October 6, 2016 7:34 PM MDT

Hello my2cents and Glis. 
    Glis, from your Bible study, what do you understand about that and what part in particular are you fuzzy about? Did you get that because Adam disobeyed God, we all have inherited imperfectionsin, and death?

You might look up the cited verses in the following article to see what you gleen from it:
    http://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102002037?q=%22How+the+Need+for+a+Ransom+Arose%22&p=par
    How the need for a ransom arose.
      October 6, 2016 10:29 PM MDT

• Oh okay......  That doesn't explain a thing.  Is God omnipotent and all powerful or did he not have a choice?  It can't be both.   Even still the sin is absolved without baptism.
      October 6, 2016 10:34 PM MDT

God cannot/will not break His own law. His says that a sacrifice is required for forgiveness of sins. That is why they sacrificed animals in Old Testament times. But those were not perfect sacrifices. 
    Jesus was the one and only perfect sacrifice that was good enough for all. This is why Christian do not sacrifice animals today. (Jews do not because of the destruction of the Temple)
      October 7, 2016 5:07 AM MDT

• So he is not all powerful and just wanted attention in the form of people killing things for him.  Even his own son.

Not trying to be a jerk on this one.   I just always wanted an explanation and reason and never got one that isn't just a bunch of circular talking.
      October 7, 2016 6:55 AM MDT

Hebrews 9:22

22 Indeed, under the law almost everything is purified with blood, and fwithout the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness of sins.

Why ? Because life is in the blood. And the wages of sin is death so blood (life) is needed to cover the death we earned through our sin. 

October 7, 2016 7:37 AM MDT

• So it's just being vindictive as hell and hanging the son for the sins of the father.   Compassionate, caring, and forgiving.
      October 7, 2016 8:21 AM MDT

No. Actually a Messiac Rabbi talked about this about 2 hrs after I posted this morning.  
    It had to do with Adam and Eve in the garden naked without shame or sin. As you know they were told not to eat of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. As you also know they did.  And afterwards they were ashamed and hid because they were naked. God made clothes for them from the animal skins. To get those skins, some animal had to die. In other words, God sacrificed an animal to cover their sin. From the beginning, God has declared the payment for sin is death, and so blood must be shed to cover sin:

Leviticus 17:11: “For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.”

This established the law that blood must be shed for forgiveness of sins.  God the Father does not sin.  Jesus volunteered to come and be that sacrifice.  Not for the sins of the Father but for the sins of the world...of all of us.
      October 7, 2016 3:29 PM MDT

• Okay.  BUT WHY!!!!!!

What would happen if God didn't make a big vindictive ordeal over spilled milk?   To make all of humanities future generations pay for the  minor transgression of Adam And Eve?  Thousands and thousands of years ago.  What Super-god was gonna come blow his head off if he didn't demand more death?  Besides the only reason people are ashamed of being naked is because religion tells them they should be and that sex is dirty.
    I've been hearing this circular talk since grade school buit fact is,  these "reasons" aren't answers to the why question.
      October 7, 2016 3:37 PM MDT

I have not given any circular talk. Now if you ask a Biblical question, you will get a Biblical answer from me anyway. That is not circular, that is going to the source. 
    Sex is not dirty...sex is a gift from God for married people.
    God does not lie and does not break His law. So He cannot allow sin to go Ignored. To do that would make Him a liar.
      October 7, 2016 5:30 PM MDT

• It's convoluted circular talk that doesn't answer anything.  Look I appreciate you have faith and respect that.  That said, no one can answer the question and the Bible doesn't either.  The source itself is circular talk and oxymorons that contradict each other.
      October 7, 2016 5:42 PM MDT

So what would you like a Biblical question to be answered with?
      October 7, 2016 5:49 PM MDT

• I want an answer, as I have said, no one has ever been able to answer that question.  Just to talk in circles until it's forgotten about.

Let's just drop it.   It's going nowhere.
      October 7, 2016 5:54 PM MDT

Just because you don't like/agree with the answer doesn't mean it has not been answered.
    But yes I don't see us agreeing on this one.
      October 7, 2016 6:41 PM MDT

Glis,

1- you said, "I want an answer...... no one has ever been able to answer that question.  Just to talk in circles" 

2- Let me attempt to give you an answer that is based on the Bible and yet does not talking in circles, I hope. It will be reasoned, and as a result will come through as completely different almost unrecognisable.

3- I'll start with your question on "the  minor transgression of Adam And Eve" that you referred to in your post of October 7, 2016 2:37 PM PDT
    Reason tells us that for as long as Adam hadn't eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and bad he did not know good from bad. He had a one-column mind and all information had nowhere else to go except in this one column. Things were neither good nor bad. Those two words didn't mean anything to him. As a result:

- Giving in to temptation was just that, giving in to temptation, neither good nor bad

- Disobeying God was just that, disobeying God, neither good nor bad

- Walking around naked was just that, walking around naked, neither good nor bad

However, as soon as he ate from the tree of the knowledge of good and bad the single column in his mind vanished and was replaced by two new columns, one headed "good" and the other headed "bad". Now everything was in one or the other column. So it was only now that he could think in terms of good and bad. It is only now that he saw

- Walking around naked as bad and immediately started covering up with leaves from the garden

- Disobeying God as bad and so hid himself from God

- Giving in to temptation as bad but there was not much he could do about that except point the finger at the woman.

4- Thus the so called original sin wasn't a sin at all. Adam had no idea it was bad. He couldn't because he hadn't eaten from the tree as yet. God Himself acknowledges that when He says, "NOW that man has eaten from the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, he has become like us knowing good and bad"

There are reasoned, non-circular, answers to the other questions you have touched upon. We can explore those too if you wish. You can check out what I'm saying from the Bible itself and you can also question/challenge me if you want. This post was edited by CLURT at October 8, 2016 6:34 PM MDT
      October 8, 2016 6:28 PM MDT

Did you miss my questions or did you not understand them either? 
    "Glis, from your Bible study, what do you understand about that and what part in particular are you fuzzy about? Did you get that because Adam disobeyed God, we all have inherited imperfection, sin, and death?"

What does this have to do with rather or not Jesus died for our sins: " Is God omnipotent and all powerful or did he not have a choice?"
      October 7, 2016 6:49 AM MDT

• I get all that.  It just doesn't explain anything.   From an objective standpoint it seems to boil down to,  God said so.  Why?  Because!
      October 7, 2016 6:53 AM MDT

So the story says.
      October 7, 2016 6:00 AM MDT

So the Bible says.  And the question was about Jesus Christ, where do you expect the answer to come from?
      October 7, 2016 6:17 AM MDT

• Because God can do anything except save us without killing his son.
      October 6, 2016 5:57 PM MDT

Jesús never used his God-given powers for his own benefit. He always used his powers for the honor and glory of his Father. (John 14:31)
      October 6, 2016 11:48 PM MDT

Because he came die for our sins. He could have dropped from that cross if he wanted to. But that would have doomed us all.
      October 7, 2016 8:36 AM MDT