Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What is the longest distance you’ve ever run in a single incident or event? ~

What is the longest distance you’ve ever run in a single incident or event? ~

For me, 13.1 miles (Half Marathons), which I have done several times. 

~

Posted - July 22, 2020

Responses

Too bad for me you worded it as such.  I think I've actually run around the world at least once, maybe twice in my lifetime.

Big Wiggles and Giggles.

The longest distance I have ever run in one interlude is probably around 10 miles.
    Sometimes I would just run.  No.  Not like Forest Gump but a little.  There were "those days," as a teen that I would just start running.
    It's funny now that I think about it.  I guess when I got frustrated with my parents and wanted to "run away from home,"  I did. ;) :)
    Those times it may have been further but I knew I WOULD jog Back Home and never put myself out so far I would have to stop and call.
    I didn't carry even a dime when I ran and I didn't want to degrade myself by having to walk because I was too tired.
    So, I think I tried to keep my distance running "away" to around 5 miles... knowing I would have to "run" back.
    The same system I use for swimming.  Never swim so far out, you can't make it back.  It's even harder then because when you are tired while swimming just toning it down to a walk isn't an option.  You HAVE to swim back.
    ;) :)!! This post was edited by Merlin at July 22, 2020 4:50 PM MDT
      July 22, 2020 12:37 PM MDT

2X 26.2 miles. Full marathons. The last one was finished in 95 F  temps. After that, I backed off on the running thing. That was 1980. 
      July 22, 2020 2:41 PM MDT

The Phi Psi 500 in college - 1.1 miles, including beer!
      July 22, 2020 5:09 PM MDT

1/2 block, seriously.  :  (
      July 22, 2020 5:45 PM MDT

I've never run in an event.  I used to run daily though.  I always ran at least two miles.  I enjoyed it.  When my knees started bothering me too much for running I walked at least three miles.  Eventually I couldn't keep up with that so I just did what I could from home which was pretty extensive exercising and swimming.  At some point at the kids came and I was working and going to school it became a "when I have time" activity.  I didn't have time to turn around in those days.
      July 22, 2020 6:04 PM MDT

I think we had to run a mile in high school. 
      July 22, 2020 6:18 PM MDT