Active Now

Pet Eater
Discussion » Questions » Computers and the Internet » In what ways is AnswerMug superior to Experience Project?

In what ways is AnswerMug superior to Experience Project?

Posted - July 1, 2016

Responses

that it stayed open instead of shutting down

July 1, 2016 3:45 PM MDT

Ability to post images and media in replies.
      July 1, 2016 3:59 PM MDT

It's Alive
      July 1, 2016 4:17 PM MDT

July 1, 2016 4:35 PM MDT

July 1, 2016 4:36 PM MDT

Better moderation to keep out the trolls and the pervs: no weirdos talking about adult diapers or wanting to have sex with their daughters.

July 1, 2016 6:47 PM MDT

• No epallie
      July 1, 2016 6:50 PM MDT

I like the people so far. Several people greeted me and said hello. This site seems very friendly.

July 1, 2016 8:47 PM MDT

There are less perverts .. thats a plus..

But in a lot of other areas EP was better..

July 1, 2016 9:44 PM MDT

• No real trolls.

The somewhat trolly types are far fewer.

Friendship requests are mostly genuine, not trawling for sleaze.

There's a separation between this main area, the more flexible zone, and the no limits zone. It means people who don't like sleaze can avoid it.

Here, there are more questions that demand thought. When reading over the answers, the threads create more interesting conversations.

Some people seem (to me) more authentic in their responses.

Hardly any deeply disturbed teenagers.

One can't post stories here, but there is anther site where one can. I forget its name.

There's no system of rewards. I used to enjoy earning points, but not having them doesn't seem to matter.

The windows for writing replies are wider but much less deep. I find this annoying because I often write lengthy answers. I'd like to be able to see the whole text at once rather than having to scroll through it when checking.

I find it harder to organize my profile page the way I would like, but this may improve as the site evolves.

July 2, 2016 1:07 AM MDT