Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Once upon a time in the long ago Alexandria, Egypt was known as the Capitol of Knowledge and Learning. Is there one in 2020? Where?

Once upon a time in the long ago Alexandria, Egypt was known as the Capitol of Knowledge and Learning. Is there one in 2020? Where?

The GREAT LIBRARY in Alexandria at one time held between 40,000 and 400,000 Scrolls. The great thinkers were drawn there.

Today I doubt there is any anywhere remotely comparable to that specific there.

We are less now than we were thousands of years ago and getting lesser and smaller and more insignificant. Devolving devolving devolving devolving. Because?

Posted - July 29, 2020

Responses

Centralization is almost always a bad idea. That library burned down, and took most of the irreplaceable knowledge and history of a dozen civilizations with it.
    Now, we have the Internet. A lot of it is bullsh**, but the good oil is there too. You just have to filter out the dross.
    Knock out some of it and lose it? No problem, it's been replicated somewhere else. Redundancy. Backups. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at July 29, 2020 5:45 AM MDT
      July 29, 2020 4:56 AM MDT

Where is SAFE R? Seriously. Where is SAFE? The scum will find it and wreck it. You are definitely more hopeful than I am. I'm glad someone is. Every layer of info we peel back we find more maggots more roaches more deadly disease. It keeps getting worse and worse. Is worse never ending and better only temporary? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply! :)
      July 29, 2020 5:48 AM MDT