Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Names » Either amongst you and your siblings or amongst your own children, are there any snappy trends in the way you’re named?

Either amongst you and your siblings or amongst your own children, are there any snappy trends in the way you’re named?

For instance, a family gives all the children a first name that begins with the same letter —  Ryla, Roderick, Randall, Richard and Reneé

Or all of the siblings have the same number of letters in their names — Jeanne, Samson, Denise, Walter, 
George, Lauren

Or all of the girls in a whole generation share the great grandmother’s first name as their middle name — Jessica Arlene, Monique Arlene, Yvette Arlene, Ryla Arlene, Reneé Arlene, Susanne Arlene, Anna Arlene

Or all of the names rhyme — Terrol, Carole, Sheryl, Farrel, Daryl, Errol, and Merril

Or none of the boys are ever namesakes and strapped with Junior, or The Third, or The Fourth, etc [this is my family; in the past three or four generations, we’ve never namesaked and tacked Junior onto a boy’s name)

~

Posted - July 29, 2020

Responses

• Nothing snappy.  It's more like my parents just flipped open the Bible and pointed to name my sister and I. However, I do know a family that went snappy.  The husband's name starts with J and the wife's name starts with T. They have 3 kids.  The 2 boys' names start with J and the girl's with T.  They also have 3 dogs.  The two female dogs have names that start with T and the one male dog's name starts with J.  And yes these people are highly obnoxious. 
      July 29, 2020 7:40 AM MDT

LOL. 

~

July 29, 2020 7:45 AM MDT

name my sister and I name my sister and me
      July 29, 2020 12:07 PM MDT

• Oh thanks. You're right...that was object instead of subject, lol. 
      July 29, 2020 12:26 PM MDT

I named my only son after a well respected pro golfer. 
      July 29, 2020 12:05 PM MDT

• Chi Chi Wilson?  Has a nice ring to it. 
      July 29, 2020 12:24 PM MDT

A Hole-in-one, bringing a full swing of golf-laughter into my world!!

Thanks for the Giggle!!

July 29, 2020 12:50 PM MDT

my name starts with an A and my brothers name starts with a Z, so my parents could say they covered A to Z
      July 29, 2020 12:25 PM MDT

TWINKLES, GIGGLES and HAPPY! HAPPY! DANCES FOR EVERYONE!!!!  MAGIC IS BURSTING TO ALL!!!!  YIPPPEEEE!!!!!
    :) :) !!!!!!!!!!   

July 29, 2020 12:57 PM MDT

(Where the heck did I leave my giant butterfly net, and what’s the telephone number at the looney bin?)

~

July 29, 2020 3:03 PM MDT

Mother chose names with the same first letter on purpose.  Not trendy, but thoughtful. 
      July 29, 2020 3:07 PM MDT