Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » have you ever been attracted to particular brand of person but it never worked out ?

have you ever been attracted to particular brand of person but it never worked out ?

like you're attracted to certain persons but they dont find you pretty or are attracted to you ?

usually they become mean towards you just because they find you a bit ugly ? 

i know that one

Posted - July 29, 2020

Responses

A soul can hide behind a nice fitting pair of calvin kleins
    However,
    A true soul doesn't need a name to hide behind.
    It will always shine.

Yes I have, in my younger years.  
    Not so much as I've grown.

Please understand.  I am NOT staying these people don't have great souls AND bodies.
    What I am saying is, in my youth, I didn't look for the soul, I only looked for the Name.
    What was stupidly amazing to me in an  epiphany was:
    These people weren't even wearing their own name!!
    "Back to the Future" movies helped in this realization, too!
    Big Winks and Smiles!! This post was edited by Merlin at July 29, 2020 5:12 PM MDT
      July 29, 2020 10:37 AM MDT

Looks like a package deal to me.  Nice!
      July 29, 2020 10:49 AM MDT

Right On!!!
    I totally agree.
    Big Smiles!!!
      July 29, 2020 11:29 AM MDT

Wait, now you’re hiding your butt from me all of a sudden?  What the heck did I do to deserve that?

:(

July 29, 2020 4:58 PM MDT

• I was attracted to 1990's Jennifer Connelly but I can't say it was mutual.  She wasn't even aware of my existence. 
      July 29, 2020 12:32 PM MDT

Fun Fact: Research shows online daters typically try to date someone who is 25% more desirable than they are and don't generally "date down."

In other words, most people won't consider dating someone who isn't sought after by more people than they are. Ex. If you go after only attractive people- especially those more attractive than you are- chances are you'll get shut down because that's what everyone else does. 

To further complicate things, even "average-looking" men are typically rated "unattractive" on dating sites. Meanwhile, 2/3 of messages sent by men go to the top 1/3 of women. 

Again, even if you're a male of average attractiveness, your message to a woman in the top 1/3 is landing among hundreds or thousands that came in that day. 

When I use dating sites, I typically do not communicate with the seriously hot men. The logic is 50/50: I don't care to compete for attention and the hot guys all too often lack depth/ are superficial/ try to carry things based on looks alone. I probably do fall within the top 1/3 of women... though likely just barely. That in mind, I'm lucky enough to have the opposite problem men do. I get decision fatigue. At any given time, there are probably hundreds of messages in my inbox from guys who seem ok but didn't stand out in their opening letter. I can't message them all to see if there's more to them and the deluge never stops. At the same time, my male friends and men I have dated who I do think are attractive (but not crazy hot) typically only secure one date every couple of months. Women in the top 1/3 could arguably go out nightly with a new man each time and never run out of new men to date. 

This was a very long way of saying, "Nope, I don't have that problem. But, chin up! You're among good company and your lack of success likely isn't because you're unattractive, but, statistically speaking, because you're average and messaging the top 1/3." 

Further reading:
    https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/advances/4/8/eaap9815.full.pdf
    https://techcrunch.com/2009/11/18/okcupid-inbox-attractive/
      July 29, 2020 4:43 PM MDT

Tall girls. I'm not tall, so it never worked. Think Tom and Nicole.
      July 29, 2020 4:48 PM MDT

Not really, no. Because I've always been attracted to a wide variety of people. 

Race: Doesn't matter. Each race has attractive and unattractive people.
    Hair color: Doesn't matter. Same reason.
    Height: Doesn't matter
    Weight: Doesn't matter

I find all kinds of people attractive. 

July 29, 2020 4:54 PM MDT

Moot point: my wife won’t let me have a girlfriend. 

July 29, 2020 5:07 PM MDT

Brand of person? HUH? I prefer generic.
      July 29, 2020 5:15 PM MDT

Try the human ones. I like them the best. 

~

July 29, 2020 5:17 PM MDT