Active Now

Malizz
Randy D
Spunky
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Pre-COVID19: what were some events that you attended in person and you preferred that they were very crowded?

Pre-COVID19: what were some events that you attended in person and you preferred that they were very crowded?

Concerts?
Bar-hopping?
Spectator sports?
Tourism/Sightseeing?
Scavenger hunts?
Live theatre?
Political rallies?
Fireworks viewing?
Religious retreats?
School-related?
Sales?
Beachcombing?
Stargazing?
Auditions?
Movie debuts?
Community cleanups?
Church?
Lectures?
Game shows?

Other?

For me, it was always foot races that attracted up to dozens or hundreds or thousands of people, the more the merrier. I miss those so much.

~

Posted - July 30, 2020

Responses

Concerts. I was never much of a one for the night club scene. I used to run half-marathons back in the day, but preferred those to be Uncrowded.
      July 30, 2020 6:38 PM MDT

The largest Half Marathons I’ve attended had just over 7,000 participants every year, I ran about eight or nine of them. I loved those crowds. My strategy was always to start wayyyyyyyyyyy in the back with the walkers and stroller-pushers and sightseers and folks who didn’t take it seriously and would drop out after a few miles. I would run through them, weaving my way along in a morale-boosting measure borne of passing more and more people. It continued as I caught up to and passed runners who were slower than I was, until I eventually got to the pack that ran my same pace. 

~

July 30, 2020 6:52 PM MDT

• Concerts and sporting events.  Those are instances where the crowd can just fuel the whole experience. 
      July 31, 2020 6:02 AM MDT