Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Jobs » Have you ever been approached as an employee in a place that you were not employed?

Have you ever been approached as an employee in a place that you were not employed?

Posted - July 31, 2020

Responses

No, but I wore a red shirt to a restaurant once that all the waitress were wearing red shirts and I wanted to die... does that count? 
      July 31, 2020 1:03 PM MDT

• You didn't scope out the employee attire days before going?  Poor planning. 
      July 31, 2020 1:05 PM MDT

No -_-  I know poor planning. I deserved to have to sit through my meal with my head hung in shame. 
      July 31, 2020 1:10 PM MDT

• Do you feel the same shame when you show up at work or with friends and you're wearing the exact same color scheme as someone else?
      July 31, 2020 1:13 PM MDT

No, I only pick friends who are less attractive than me and my coworkers are all men or “Karen’s“ so it’s fine. 
      July 31, 2020 1:15 PM MDT

• Oh.  Well I guess that explains a lot.  
      July 31, 2020 1:19 PM MDT

Lol, what about you? have you ever been mistaken for employee? 
      July 31, 2020 1:20 PM MDT

• I've stupidly worn a red polo into Target more than once.  So yes.  I love those awkward glances where they are scanning my entire body for a name tag after hesitantly approaching me. 
      July 31, 2020 1:23 PM MDT

(less attractive than me I am)

July 31, 2020 4:33 PM MDT

Who is less attractive than you? Stop being so vain, Randy. Looks aren’t everything. 
      July 31, 2020 5:49 PM MDT

I keep skinning my knees and tripping over obstacles because I have an extra-large mirror strapped in front of me and I cannot see around it. You probably think this life is easy and fun. 

:|

August 1, 2020 7:05 AM MDT

August 1, 2020 8:11 AM MDT

yeah it happened in Walmart a few weeks ago. im sure that person made a complaint because i didn’t even tell her i wasn’t an employee, i just gave her a really dirty look And kept walking. i wasn’t even dressed like a Walmart employee so idk what she was on about 
      July 31, 2020 1:14 PM MDT

• I've had that happen before too at a Rite Aid or Walgreens...I can't remember which.  Some lady just started asking me questions like I work there and I actually interrupted her to ask why she thinks I'm an employee.  She said she didn't but figured I might know where to find whatever it was she was looking for.  And she was right...I actually did, lol. 
      July 31, 2020 1:21 PM MDT

more than once
    ...local hardware store.
      July 31, 2020 2:17 PM MDT

Yes.  I usually give a good answer and go about my business. 
      July 31, 2020 4:33 PM MDT

I’ve done it on purpose and on more than one occasion.  Once, about 15 years ago during the Christmas season, I was in a crowded department store with my family. I was wearing a suit, and a customer approached me and asked where an item could be found. I happened to know where it was, so I gave directions, no big deal. It wasn’t until a moment later that it occurred to me that I could probably pass myself off as an employee. I said to my family, “Watch this,” as I moved away from them about two or three aisles.  Sure enough, another customer soon asked me for help. I was a lot faster with the second person because I thought a real employee might show up out of nowhere and bust me, especially a security guard. I beat feet out of that section quickly. 

Later, it became a prank that I liked to pull in stores every now and then. I haven’t thought about that in years, thanks for reminding me!
    ~

July 31, 2020 5:02 PM MDT