Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » What’s the best way to stop two people from arguing and fighting with each other over who gets to make my sandwiches? ~

What’s the best way to stop two people from arguing and fighting with each other over who gets to make my sandwiches? ~

Posted - August 1, 2020

Responses

Very casually pull out your gun. Don't point it at anyone, but let it be seen.
      August 1, 2020 1:19 PM MDT

Make them yourself. 

(ouch!)
      August 1, 2020 1:21 PM MDT

(Sigh.)  You just don’t know how this stuff works. I have an entire system going here. 

~

August 1, 2020 1:30 PM MDT

Forgive, but if it's 2 ladies arguing/fighting, just make yourself a plate of sandwiches, sit back, and enjoy.
      August 1, 2020 1:32 PM MDT

(Sigh.)  

You keep circling back to the part where you have me making my own sandwiches!  That’s just not done around here!  Grrrrrrr. 

August 1, 2020 2:20 PM MDT

Normally I'd say send out for some, but these days that might not be too prudent.

(not to be sexist, but 99.9% of the workers in the sandwich shops around here are women.)

August 1, 2020 3:25 PM MDT

(not Not)

It’s not sexist. Who do you think I have making all of my sandwiches?
    ~

August 1, 2020 4:37 PM MDT

According to 'Microsoft Word', capitalization is optional inside a parenthesis, except for proper nouns.
      August 1, 2020 5:23 PM MDT

That‘s only correct when the entire passage inside the parentheses is part of a sentence that has already been started (for instance, this one), a sentence which itself starts with its own capital letter. 

What you wrote, however, was a completely separate sentence inside of parentheses, so it’s the fact that it’s a stand-alone sentence that requires the first word to be capitalized. 

Here‘s an example: assume that what I wrote below is one page one of chapter one of a novel. 

(The following story is based on true events.)  Exbel County was incorporated in late 1791 after the surprise financial success of its founders, a family that operated both a local mill and a rock quarry. 

It would be grammatically incorrect to begin it as:

(the following story is based on true events.)

What you read in Microsoft Word is not incorrect, I doubt however, that it specified whether or not it referred to parentheses that began either a page or a paragraph or a line. 

August 1, 2020 6:46 PM MDT

Ask you to choose,
    or assign them shifts.
      August 2, 2020 7:00 AM MDT

Sounds like a great idea!  Before I break it up, however,  I have to wait until they tire themselves out first; if I get in there too soon, I might get clocked.

~

~

August 2, 2020 6:31 PM MDT

LOL!
    And besides, you might get double the sandwiches if they keep making while slinging insults.
      August 4, 2020 12:53 AM MDT

You know, you’re right!  There’s no reason this can’t be a win-win!

~

August 4, 2020 6:14 AM MDT