Active Now

Element 99
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » You go to the zoo. What is the first animal you want to see?

You go to the zoo. What is the first animal you want to see?

For me it’s the elephants. They are a most favorite of mine.

Posted - August 2, 2020

Responses

• My favorite attraction at the local zoo is the red pandas. 

August 3, 2020 5:57 AM MDT

OMG yes, I love Red Pandas. They are very unique.
      August 3, 2020 6:55 AM MDT

We take them in order and see them all.  First in line is large tortoises ends with the elephants. (St Louis zoo) My favorite is the gorillas. 

We have been to many zoos over the years.  Dallas, Oklahoma City, San Diego, Springfield Mo, drive-thru zoos in TX, AR, and MO. Favorite is still St.Louis zoo.  We just took the grandkids there about 2 weeks ago. This post was edited by my2cents at August 4, 2020 8:32 PM MDT
      August 3, 2020 9:58 AM MDT

The Giant Anteater

This animal immediately became my life-long favorite animal the moment I saw a picture of it at the age of around ten years old. The Giant Anteater remains so fascinating, unique and beautiful to me. :)

Animals of the Zoo: Giant anteater (with video) | News ...
    This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 4, 2020 8:43 PM MDT
      August 4, 2020 6:01 PM MDT

Wow he is big, Nice. Where did you get this picture, or one you took long time ago?
      August 4, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

How I wish I had taken the picture! :) 
    I looked up images for "Giant Anteater" and chose this image to post with my answer.

I remember that moment when I first saw this creature, sitting in my school room, looking through a book about animals. And I got SO excited! My first thought as a ten-years-old boy was, "This is the COOLEST-looking animal I've ever seen!" And in many ways, I still agree with my younger self! Ha!
    :)

August 4, 2020 6:19 PM MDT

AARDVARK!!!
      August 4, 2020 8:32 PM MDT

The Golden takin.
      August 18, 2020 6:35 AM MDT