Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » Now being in the age of DVDs and Blu-rays, do you still own a VHS player (VCR)?

Now being in the age of DVDs and Blu-rays, do you still own a VHS player (VCR)?

I do. I still like VHS and probably always will… but don’t get me wrong I like DVDs and Blu-Rays too!

Posted - August 4, 2020

Responses

• No my VCR and VHS are long long gone.  I feel like Blu-Ray is is actually a bit outdated now as well but I still buy them.  I enjoy having a physical movie collection. I'm the same way with books. 
      August 5, 2020 5:59 AM MDT

No but I like VHS better than CDs.  You can go backward and forward easier.  You always lose with digital anything.  People will accept it because it is new and  manufacturers love it because it cost next to nothing and the price increases because it's new.  I wish people would just  say no to new technology that is not "better" than the older technology. 
      August 5, 2020 4:42 PM MDT

I very much agree, same reason I love this older technology. Take out the cassette, and put it back in. Still is at where you left off!
      August 5, 2020 4:55 PM MDT

Nope! donated those to the Goodwill years ago. 
      August 5, 2020 4:43 PM MDT

I do but only so I can watch our old familly VCR tapes. Cheers!
      August 5, 2020 5:09 PM MDT

Now that is a great reason right there! However I suppose if you didn't want a VCR anymore, you could get those ones transferred to DVD.
      August 5, 2020 5:12 PM MDT

vhs tapes is so obsolete....

the best is have the movie on a hard disk drive , and play it from there on your flat screen tv
      August 6, 2020 9:47 AM MDT