Active Now

Randy D
Element 99
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Traditions » COVID19: which annual events have you already canceled, postponed due to the pandemic? ~

COVID19: which annual events have you already canceled, postponed due to the pandemic? ~

Posted - August 8, 2020

Responses

Too many to list.
    It is sad how we have become so amazed by the screen that we can't even take a "risk" and go and watch our favorite events or shows.
    How paranoid are we going to become?

THAT is what is changing our world.
    Stop worrying so damn much!
    Be Free!
    You WILL survive if it was meant to be!!
    :) :)
      August 8, 2020 2:27 PM MDT

So far an entire year of organized running events (5K races, 8K races, 10K races, Cross-Country Track meets, Half Marathons, etc.) are down the drain. Ironically, since I’m now retired, I have so much more time to train that I’ve increased my weekly miles exponentially, yet I can’t apply any of it to the annual schedule that I used to keep. The upside of ramped-up training is that my physical conditioning, already at high level, is now off the charts. I feel like a 30-year-old guy sporting a rock-hard body. 

~

August 8, 2020 2:58 PM MDT

Never change that, Randy D.
    We'll all come back around.  How could we not?
    Have you seen you??.
    ;) :) This post was edited by Merlin at August 9, 2020 3:28 PM MDT
      August 9, 2020 10:29 AM MDT

August 9, 2020 3:28 PM MDT

A lot easier to list what was not canceled.

I could go on but no point.
      August 8, 2020 7:20 PM MDT

Grandkid's birthday parties. My son and his family coming here for a couple of weeks and the large cookout that ensued.
      August 9, 2020 7:24 AM MDT

I did not attend a family reunion. One person attending's spouse had tested positive. The person had tested negitive. But my daughter did not want the her kids attending. So we skipped it. 

I have a family member whose had to postphone a surgery to test for cancer. No "elective" surgeries.  Cost her months of cancer being untreated. First doc appointment is still over a week away. Grrrr. This post was edited by my2cents at August 9, 2020 2:28 PM MDT
      August 9, 2020 7:40 AM MDT

I've cancelled none but have missed several exhibitions and other events that were cancelled.

Already events as far away as June are being cancelled or postponed.

Also had my first Christmas Day alone, which seemed a bit strange but was quite relaxing, as my sisters' own families had to come first in what the powers-that-be insist on calling "bubbles". (Why the Hell can't we use the usual word, "circle", for family and friends groups?)
      January 29, 2021 3:38 PM MST