Active Now

Slartibartfast
RebeccaSJ
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Music » What’s this guy’s problem?

What’s this guy’s problem?

Posted - August 9, 2020

Responses

I saw your question at some point yesterday, watched briefly and saw, nor heard, any problem whatsoever.
    None at all.  ;)   ;)

John Mellencamp  ;)   ;)

just now, I noticed your tag line.

Watched again the video and still saw no problem and, for me, noticed nothing along those lines. (JohnMellencampJohnMellencampJohnM . . )

Then - John picks THAT guy to come out from the audience onto the stage . . . ?

I have absolutely no problem at all with this video. Ha.
    :)
    ;)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 14, 2020 6:23 PM MDT
      August 10, 2020 7:18 AM MDT

I was Crying laugh when I watched this video yesterday. I just kept watching his face expressions, gum chewing while singing  and puffed up shoulders and was completely mesmerized by it all lol.  

I liked him too back in the day but this video was too much for me lol. 

August 10, 2020 1:17 PM MDT

Yes! Ha!
    Regardless of my gushing in my answer, I totally get what you're saying, ha!!! But he's still always good to me. :)

I've always liked Mellencamp's exploration of various styles over much of his music that I've heard. He keeps me interested as I explore more of his music. I especially like his "Human Wheels" album  -- and that first song of that album  "When Jesus Left Birmingham"!! OMG!!!
    This song is SO great to me! I believe the female singer with him on this song is Pat Peterson! She nails this song so well, along with Mellencamp.
    And just now was the first time I ever watched the music video -- I want to meet everyone in this video! Wish I had been there during every scene, ha!

I say "I love" all the time but this is another song "I love"!  

If no one has heard, nor seen this music video, I hope someone checks it out! This song just gets better and better as it goes along. And then that choir! 
    Watching and listening just now made my day better.

"When Jesus Left Birmingham"      John Mellencamp - and company, ha

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at August 14, 2020 6:23 PM MDT
      August 10, 2020 2:06 PM MDT

I’ve never seen this before :) I really like it. I mostly know only his stuff that used to get radio play, I do like him, it was just that performance I was watching in the video I posted that was super douchey to me lol. It was probably perfectly normal for the time but gawd it was weird for me  last night lol. I’m glad he wasn’t chewing gum in the video you posted lol This post was edited by Jaimie at August 14, 2020 6:24 PM MDT
      August 10, 2020 5:39 PM MDT

Yup, I get what you meant about this particular performance in the video you posted.

Yet, I do admit I truly didn't even notice, though, all those details so much as you did. :)

And thanks for listening to the one I posted.

And I ended up listening to his "Human Wheels " album a couple of times in its entirety this afternoon. 
    And, unfortunately, I noticed that the choir that shows up at the end of the music video - - I noticed they're not part of the song on the album. I wish they were! I'm not surprised, though, to find out they were not on the album's song because, even though it's been a while since I listened to the song, I got SO excited when they appeared at the end of the music video - - it was so "fresh"-sounding to me and "new"! Almost like hearing the song for the first time.That's because today is indeed the first time I heard their brief participation at the end of the song.

And, duh-on-me -- it took me a couple viewings  to realize that the three boys in the video are really portraying only "one" boy -- one boy along with his devil side and his angel side. :)

August 10, 2020 6:12 PM MDT

• This song needs IcyHot rubbed all over it. 
      August 10, 2020 8:10 AM MDT

We seem to have a theme today... 
      August 10, 2020 1:18 PM MDT

• Every day needs one. We will need to switch it up soon before this one ends up in hospice. 
      August 10, 2020 1:23 PM MDT

Lol, I just closed it in PM’s.. we went to the post office and there was an incident with the stamps. So I guess we’re dead now... I don’t think your hip could take it. 
      August 10, 2020 1:26 PM MDT

• You bought the cheap stamps that had the toxic adhesive  :(   
      August 10, 2020 1:29 PM MDT

I had a coupon. 
      August 10, 2020 1:31 PM MDT

Well if you are talking about John Melliencamp his problem was he had some kind of identity crisis going on. First he called himself John Couger then he changed it Melliencamp then John Meĺliencamp then  a couple of other names and now he is back to John Melliencamp. Cheers!
      August 10, 2020 1:56 PM MDT

I kind of like him but the gum chewing cool guy stuff in this video was making me die laugh lol. people were weird in the 80s... 
      August 10, 2020 2:05 PM MDT

Record company did not like his real name John Mellencamp. They want John Cougar. As he got more popular he forced them to allow John Cougar Mellencamp and finally to his real name John Mellencamp.  I still think John Cougar Mellencamp when I see him. 
      August 10, 2020 2:13 PM MDT

I think he would of sold more albums if he started with John Couger and stayed with  John Couger. John Couger had a nice ring to it and sounded more like a rock star name. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 10, 2020 6:13 PM MDT
      August 10, 2020 3:18 PM MDT

That is what the record companies thought too. 
      August 10, 2020 4:45 PM MDT

Cougar wasn't his idea. He bought his actual name back with his success. Mellencamp. 
      August 14, 2020 6:26 PM MDT

I did not notice the gum until reading the comments. It is kind of strange though. 
    I noticed the pants. For a second I thought they were diaper pants. He should have on jeans with the tank top. This post was edited by my2cents at August 10, 2020 7:56 PM MDT
      August 10, 2020 2:17 PM MDT

Yeah the pants are bad too lol. They gum chewing was too much for me. 
      August 10, 2020 5:40 PM MDT

Very much his style. He's terribly addicted to cigarettes and the gum chewing was pretty much compulsive. 

Honestly, the worst thing about this for me is his facking pants with that tank shirt and shi8ty tattoos. =)
      August 14, 2020 6:29 PM MDT