Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Do you think if Joe does choose a woman of color as his veep it will attract more votes than it will the votes who go away?

Do you think if Joe does choose a woman of color as his veep it will attract more votes than it will the votes who go away?

I expect there are Racists and Chaivinists among Democrats too.

Republicans don't have a LOCK on either though I do STRONGLY suspect more of them ARE both than is true among Democrats.

Fact is I DON'T KNOW

So of course whomever he chooses will be tarred and feather by pandemimpumpkina**, his toady sycophants and his adoring worshippes. We know that. The exact same thing would be true no matter whom Joe chose. That is a given.

The unknown part among those who vote Democratic what will the effect be, the impact? We'll find out. Any guesses?.

Posted - August 10, 2020

Responses

I truly cannot imagine why having a black female would put anyone off??? Seriously???? Sure I knew the right wing nut jobs were of that ilk.. but .... This post was edited by Adaydreambeliever at August 11, 2020 1:38 AM MDT
      August 10, 2020 11:03 AM MDT

As you know I am a PROGRESSIVE LIBERAL DEMOCRAT Addb. Do you know what I don't like so much at all? Joe is being FORCED into choosing a particular type of running mate. I object to that. I think all the people under consideration could do the job. And among them my personal favorite is Kamala Harris, A California gal. I'm familiar with her because she held other positons in the state and in my opinion did a good job. Still though I don't like to be surrounded by "YOU SHOULD". Sigh. So we will see on whom he decides and then we'll see how it works out. Thank you for your reply! :)
      August 11, 2020 1:41 AM MDT

I honestly think the majority of Americans don't care.

Democrats will vote Democrat, no matter what.
    Republicans will vote Republican, no matter what.
    Unaligned voters will vote issues that are important to them.
    Non-voters won't vote, no matter what.

August 10, 2020 1:24 PM MDT

How do you feel about being FORCED to choose a specific anything Walt? Do you listen to folks who tell you that you "SHOULD" or do you prefer deciding for yourself what you should do and then do it? I don't like other telling me what I SHOULD do. That's a lot of nerve I think. Even if it's framed in "it would so very nice if you could" or "I wish you'd consider". Some folks love deciding for others and I guess the "others" like being "advised" what to do. Not me. SIGH. Thank you for your reply. I'd like Kamala Harris. I wonder which veep Joe would have chosen if he were left entirely alone? We will never know will we? Happy Tuesday! :)
      August 11, 2020 2:02 AM MDT

That's why I don't join political parties, or trust anyone who belongs to one above the local level.
    To get to above the county level, they have to get approval from the political party - which means they are "owned" by the party.
    It may let one or two people go "rogue" - but only because they control the others to the point it doesn't make a difference, and the party can claim they don't control the officials.  (smoke and mirrors.  ignore the man behind the curtain, Dorothy.)
      August 11, 2020 7:22 AM MDT

PRECISELY! EXACTAMUNDO! Sheesh. No one OWNS me. Not my cuppa tea but it seems others do not mind at all. Being told what to do what to say this and that and the other thing. Different strokes. Oy vey! Thank you for your reply Walt! :)
      August 11, 2020 8:05 AM MDT

Of course.    The reason he’s going to choose a woman is to get the female vote and to placate those who want a female president (2 birds with 1 stone).  The main reason to choose a black person is that right now race is a very sore issue.  This will not only help placate many people, but it will help him get the black vote.  Pure politics.

Note - I am NOT being racist or sexist.  A woman as well as a black person would make a perfect running mate, if they’re qualified.  Qualification is the key issue.  He should pick someone who is qualified for the position, regardless of his or her gender or skin color.  There's a chance that he won’t be able to complete his term (health issues, death, mental breakdown, etc.).  Therefore, the person he picks needs to be someone who is able to lead the country – just in case – not just someone who placates some of the people right now.

This post was edited by Shuhak at August 11, 2020 1:33 AM MDT
      August 10, 2020 1:39 PM MDT

So the number of racists and misogynists among those who will vote Democrat is not a worrisome problem. It does seem manipulative to me personally. I told you before on another thread that practically ordering him to choose a specific "type" of veep isn't something I support. I'd love him to pick Kamala Harris. But not because she is a woman of color. Because she is a California pol who did other things BEFORE she ran for Senator and in my opinion distinguished herself. Plus which no one except possibly another California gal Katie Porter, is so good at GRILLING people who appear before her. I believe all the candidates mentioned are excellent. I think Elizabeth Warren is too old though and this comes from me an old dame. So we shall see how his being forced to choose a particular type works out. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Shuhak! Just thought of a question! :)
      August 11, 2020 1:37 AM MDT