Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » Do you prefer the hand blow dryers or paper towels?

Do you prefer the hand blow dryers or paper towels?

Putting this in environment, as I think hand blowers became a thing to reduce the paper towel waste.

Like in a public restroom after washing your hands do you like the hand blow dryers or the use of paper towels better to dry them off?

I do like paper towels better for the fact that they do seem to be a little more effective and faster in drying, but I understand the need to reduce the cost of replenishing the towels and the waste in using them, as a result quite a few have gone to the blow dryers.

So, which do you prefer?

Posted - August 16, 2020

Responses

Paper towels, I don’t like the hand blowy things unless they‘re the new style Dyson ones... I probably hate them too once they stop being new. 
      August 16, 2020 9:17 PM MDT

I have never used the electric hand dryers.  They make the bathroom a sauna.
      August 17, 2020 1:46 AM MDT

In these days of COVID, paper towels. I don't have to touch anything that has been touched by someone else.
      August 17, 2020 2:04 AM MDT

• I'm a paper towel guy.  I love the automatic dispensers you have to wave at to get it to feed through.  Because I like feeling like an idiot when nothing comes out. 
      August 17, 2020 5:55 AM MDT

But you can feel like a Jedi master when it works!
      August 18, 2020 4:58 PM MDT

Paper towels because no matter how long I keep my hands under the electric dryer, they're still damp and I've wasted all that electricity.
      August 17, 2020 9:31 AM MDT

The blowers spew all the germs in the air onto your hands. They also don't always get your hands completely dry and damp hands allow germs to breed and spread. Using a towel may help to remove even more germs because of the friction. 
      August 18, 2020 4:54 PM MDT

You had me at “the friction”.  It took a while for you to get us there, but it was well worth the wait. 

~

August 18, 2020 5:41 PM MDT